• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

close your eyes and make a wish; kharon
    He chuckled softly as she repeated it back to him. I'm Kali! Her delight was infectious and had his belly tingling and his veins lighting with electricity. A jolt shot down his spine and he felt his skin prickle, though it was a little distant-feeling while he was so focused on this mental place with her.

Nothing thrilled him more, though, than when she agreed she would like more pictures. Especially of him. He wrapped himself around her again as if he could squeeze her and hold her so very close, wishing she was here already so he could rub his cheek with hers. And smell her! She'd smell just as beautiful as she certainly looked. And feel so good and warm. Soon, she would be born. He couldn't wait.

And that's what he told her when she asked.

It will be bright for you soon. Maybe a few more days or weeks, but not much longer. You have grown so much, it can't be long now. He could hardly wait anymore, so he sure hoped he was right. What he wouldn't give to finally be able to really see her and feel her. She would be so small and fit into the curve of his side so perfectly. And he could protect her and keep her safe, fight off any nightmares as he tried to do for Mother. Kylin could brush and groom her hair as sisters do for each other, or he would if she were busy. He could tend her scrapes when she falls, dry her little tears. God, he couldn't wait.

When you're with me, can we still talk and touch like this?
    Yes, he answered easily, sinking against her mind with ready affection. He clung to her, pressed lovingly into her, filled the space with his billowing presence.

We can't tell anyone though. I have to keep this secret. The rest of the family can't do this like me, can't come and be with you this way. I have seen it hurt people, and so I have to be very careful and keep it secret. You will help me do that, won't you?

He retreated a little, wishing he could peer down at her. Soon, though. It had to be soon, now.

As if he could nod off to sleep, he felt his Self fade then snap back. He rolled his shoulders, trying to loosen the tension and ease the quietly growing headache back there in his body. He was fatigued, reaching his limits for the time. That was something he would definitely work to improve, so that he could always be available for her. Always able to listen for her. So tired. But he wasn't ready to leave yet, he didn't want to rest.

Then he Faded again, dimmed and flickered. Determined, he fought his way through and covered her, wrapped her up in unseen arms and held her to him. I think I have to go now, he whispered, quiet and suddenly so weak. With a last sweet nudge, a mental kiss to her little cheek, he reluctantly let go.

His body collapsed to the ground with a faint exhale, but he felt no pain as unconsciousness claimed his weary mind.
    Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    close your eyes and make a wish; kharon - by Kali - 03-31-2017, 02:41 PM
    RE: close your eyes and make a wish; kharon - by Kharon - 05-13-2017, 11:33 PM