• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Dancing on my Own (Any)
    Tyrna

I’ll keep dancing on my own
    What is home to you?

The question stops her short. Her eyes narrowing in thought. Once upon a time, home would have meant the rush of waterfalls and quiet companions. Sunrises and sets from the clifftops unobstructed by the waiting trees below, fairytale forests, woodland friends, and safety among the rocky crags. That home only existed in her dreams now causing her to pause before answering.

"I suppose home is the Taiga now." She shrugs her shoulders nonchalantly. It wasn't a lie, the Taiga did feel like a home and she did have a new family of sorts, but it wasn't the same. The love she felt for the towering redwoods and their taciturn leader was consuming and wonderful, it just wasn't the fever bright devotion she had for her Falls. "I'm a... newer resident to Beqanna after the, what did you call it? Reckoning? I knew a different version of the land, and admittedly haven't seen much since the recent renovations." She chuckles, this time letting her naturally jovial nature shine through. She didn't want to give too much of herself away to this stranger, but he had a calmness about him that she found refreshing. His ideas of freedom were in line with her own and she could respect anybody who knew how to take advantage of a good day.

"By your description I'm guessing you grew up in Ischia? What was it like there? I've never been one for oceans. Freshwater and raw power have always held more appeal to me." She looks down at the surface of the river, sunlight glinting blindingly off of the foaming rapids and swirling currents. She splashes water playfully at his legs and belly, a wide and devilishly charming smile brightening her own face in turn and chasing the shadows from her eyes.

"See? So much better."

Silver dapple sabino|Mare|Andalusian Hybrid

Messages In This Thread
    Dancing on my Own (Any) - by Tyrna - 03-31-2017, 05:09 PM
    RE: Dancing on my Own (Any) - by Canaan - 04-01-2017, 01:54 AM
    RE: Dancing on my Own (Any) - by Tyrna - 04-01-2017, 12:42 PM
    RE: Dancing on my Own (Any) - by Canaan - 04-01-2017, 03:17 PM
    RE: Dancing on my Own (Any) - by Tyrna - 04-02-2017, 12:56 PM
    RE: Dancing on my Own (Any) - by Canaan - 04-06-2017, 02:34 AM