• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Burn baby burn - Circinae
    oh, my love, don't forsake me. take what the water gave me ..

So easy to forgive and forget. Circinae almost wishes she could be more like the ruby-eyed fledgling. The excitement in her voice carries the two-toned mare back to a simpler place of her childhood, when she’d wished so badly for a sibling and instead been granted with a visit from Wyrm. Horrible, terrible creature that he was, the shifter had been rather unimpressed with his whelp of a sibling and luckily, Circy hasn’t seen hide or hair of him since then. Perhaps … perhaps Jinju could fill that lost space for a while. It would be pleasant to think of herself as mentor, friend, and elder sister-like figure to the budding woman. But these are thoughts she keeps to herself, allowing only a bright smile to waver over her face as a gentle laugh parts her lips.

“I’ll stay, don’t worry about that.” She assures, knowing it to be true regardless of the outcome from the recent storm. Lightning would flash, thunder would roll, but the rains from such a disturbance always brought fresh peace and watered earth with it. Something new and wonderful always seemed to prevail against terrible odds. “In the meantime, while we all settle from this particular rattling of bones, I think getting out would be good for everyone.” Circinae muses, tail flippantly swinging in thought.

“We’re located in the heart of this world - so striking out in just about any direction would work, I think.” The elder mare advises. Truly, nothing was beyond Jinju’s reach if she grasped for it. “But my advice, if you’ll take it, would be to travel East. Nothing too broad or unknown that way. Go see the ocean, and then come back and tell me how it is.” The green mare laughs, turning about to begin a journey of her own. She trades her tail for a shorter one, covered in thick, mahogany hair, wags it a few times for fun and then turns back to gaze once more at Ruan’s get.

“I’ll be here when you get back, I promise.” She says, shifting wholly then before bounding off into the maze of redwood trees.

Circinae

Messages In This Thread
    Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Jinju - 03-31-2017, 05:30 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Circinae - 04-02-2017, 10:16 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Jinju - 04-03-2017, 06:51 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Circinae - 04-03-2017, 09:52 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Jinju - 04-05-2017, 07:42 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Circinae - 04-06-2017, 12:11 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Jinju - 04-07-2017, 02:27 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Circinae - 04-08-2017, 10:51 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Jinju - 04-08-2017, 02:13 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Circinae - by Circinae - 04-09-2017, 02:26 PM