• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we are strange allies with warring hearts
    Magnificent
    She could touch this wall, and all the walls she has built. There are so many she has fortified in her short life, when did they end, when did they begin? If she had hands she could place her palm on the invisible barrier, right against his chest and take a sobering breath as she stood behind its shield. That’s the only way she could ever touch him, by not touching him at all, no, she had the words to touch with. 

And she used them to cut, and that was almost worse than him knowing.

Almost.

All the bravado, the turned up nose, for now that was a farce, a show she put on. Sadly she had become a skilled actor in doing so, she doesn’t remember the first day she used this tactic. ‘I should have known,’you weren’t quick enough..’ She smiled, a small and fleeting thing, allowing his own sets to filter through, or at least appear that way, at least seem like they did not crash against her walls like the rocks that lined the river.

“Mmmm, yes,”she salted, tinting her words with vinegar. “Seems I am stuck bringing up the rear with the khaosbedamned fairies running the show.” She was bitter, to say the least, about waking to find she had been left with her horn and not her wings. Even after so much time, she did not let this grudge go, instead she clung to it, clenched an iron grip. “At least that one amazing thing they gave me,” she turned her nose at that, straight up as if to sneer at the sky and she took a few paces away.

His next words made this a good decision.

“Mine? Oh no, we both know that’s not how it works.” That was a sour note as well, she seemed full of them, a bag of lemons. ‘If you choose to stay’ she could hold her breath and pretend he had said something more like I want you to stay with me…I want you to stay, anything to feed her pipe dreams and instead she turned to malice.

“Oh so you want me to stay” another turn, twisting his words with the fluidity that she slunk in circles around him. “Oh you see that must be the riffraff you let in, we both know you will.” Under her breath and more quietly she clenched her teeth, “You always do.”

Jealousy, envy is not always a green-eyed monster. Here it would have eyes like violets, “Lucky for you I think I will stay,” lucky for herself really, “who better to let you know what all you’re doing wrong.” The smile then was large and fierce, as if she took pride in the cutting. With a flick of her tail, “Let’s get started then, show me around, I’m sure you’ve mucked up the place somehow.”
    the space between, the wicked lies we tell
    HTML by Call-picture segovia amil

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we are strange allies with warring hearts - by Canaan - 04-01-2017, 08:50 PM
    RE: we are strange allies with warring hearts - by Canaan - 04-01-2017, 10:04 PM
    RE: we are strange allies with warring hearts - by Magnificent - 04-02-2017, 08:10 AM
    RE: we are strange allies with warring hearts - by Canaan - 04-02-2017, 11:47 AM
    RE: we are strange allies with warring hearts - by Canaan - 04-02-2017, 07:19 PM