• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

open your eyes, your sea is changing ; lucrezia, any
    Besides the gentle exchange of their two voices, the night air hangs with silence. The full moon illuminates the world below it, casting a silver glow in every shadowy crevice around them. His eyes are alight with what seems like fire from the orange light from the river of slow-moving lava near them, creeping along at a steady pace. “I always find mine much louder,” he replies with a twist of a grimace coming to his features, referring to when she speaks of her mind becoming clear when the sun made its way below the horizon. He didn’t like when his thoughts were louder and clearer – it made it harder to ignore them.

The bay stallion snorts softly. Even the darkness has a hint of goodness in it. His long black tail swishes absently behind him, brushing at his auburn haunches and navy colored legs. He raises his brows thoughtfully. “I guess you just have to find the right amount of light.” A smile plays at the edge of his cobalt lips now, his eyes sparkling with jest.

She speaks again, this time explaining to him her desires for Tephra. He nods in agreement, listening carefully and intently. “I have never been one for physicality. If a solution cannot be found with words, you have not tried hard enough.” His voice is deep and rumbling against the softness of the night, a hint of laughter at the end of his statement. Once wise words that he had previously heard from his mother, Orani, now filtering down through his lips. “Though, unfortunately there are many that are not as level-headed and logical as we are. Peace sometimes cannot be protected by words alone.”

His gaze leaves Lucrezia’s momentarily to filter through the night sky. The full moon hangs heavily in the blue-black of the atmosphere, shining pinpricks of stars sparkling throughout as they gleam brilliantly. “I will serve wherever is needed. I live by my words, but will protect Tephra and its inhabitants at all costs – and in all ways possible.” He lowers his gaze back to the beautifully feathered mare next to him, giving her a fervent nod. Warrick never betrays his word.

A moment passes and the stallion feels a bit more at ease as the two stand beneath the stars. “Lucrezia, my family and I always shared stories together,” he says gently, his voice tightening ever so slightly at the thought of his past, but he continues: “Do you mind telling me yours?”

like the sun,
    swallowed up by the earth
    warrick

Messages In This Thread
    RE: open your eyes, your sea is changing ; lucrezia, any - by Warrick - 05-17-2017, 03:59 PM