• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kylin
    So the boy is...kind of amazing. In a scary, perfect, mine kind of way. Here’s the kicker, though, the extra bonus mind-blowing part. He’s one of two. Me and Lacey, we had twins. Well she had 'em. Did the bit where she carried them and shoved them out her poor, abused body, and fed them and took care of them and kept them from being dead. Like a good mom, yeah?

I just did the fun making them part.

Er. Right. The shitty, went too far and fucked things up making them part. Yeah, that. Whatever, details, she hasn’t complained about my encore performance, okay? I made good. Anyhowww.

Twins, was the point there. Not just one kid to meet, but a whole second one yet to go. Kharon, that delightful little scamp, told me where I could probably find her. I’m guessing he used those fancy brain powers of his to give her a little nudge or scope out her whereabouts, but who am I to question the kid’s genius? My kid. And the spitting damn image of me, too, as he was quick to point out. “There’s two of us, and we’re beautiful like you.” An ego after my own heart, innocent as it was. True, too. Lavender and white, spotted and gorgeous and looking so much like me it took my breath away. 

Er, or something much manlier, yeah. 
    Whatever, we did good, me an’ Lacey.

Anyhow. Kid suggested somewhere along the shore, not far from the cove I picked out to meet him, actually. My babies love the water like I do, turns out. Which, hell if that doesn’t just make me all kinds of squishy. So I walk to one of her favorite spots, taking Kharon’s advice, and I turn to watch the waves as I wait.

And because I’m shit at waiting for anything ever pretty much, and because the ocean’s so goddamn fun to run around on, I head out, leaping from wave to wave, crest to crest, frolicking on top of the surf like I haven’t since I was a boy playing in Silver Cove. A land that doesn’t exist anymore. A land that shouldn’t exist anymore. 

The world’s better off without the Cove.
    I just hope my kids never have to find out how true that is.
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    kylin - by Kerberos - 04-07-2017, 10:13 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kylin - 04-08-2017, 03:08 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kerberos - 04-09-2017, 10:13 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kylin - 04-14-2017, 03:19 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kerberos - 04-21-2017, 07:59 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kylin - 04-22-2017, 03:08 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kerberos - 05-05-2017, 01:29 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kylin - 05-13-2017, 11:43 AM
    RE: kylin - by Kerberos - 05-21-2017, 11:23 AM
    RE: kylin - by Kylin - 05-27-2017, 02:07 PM