• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; Amet & Iset
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    Black wings and a high-flying shadow were once common sights over two Kingdoms; his own, of course, the Tundra ever his usual haunt, but Brennen had been a common sight over the Dazzling Waterfalls as well. For many years he had kept his promise to Neraza, watching over her beloved Falls and many generations of her children living there, and he had come to love the little neutral Kingdom almost as much as he loved his own, and her children had occupied a special place in his heart alongside his own as well.

The Reckoning had stolen more than a home from Brennen, but his life’s purpose. His years spent serving the Tundra and his promise to Neraza, both gone in the blink of an eye, and the many years he spent drifting along in the Meadow and the Forest had reflected that fractured sense of purpose. Once mighty, once respected, he had been nothing more than a wanderer and an absent-minded guardian for several of his descendants for many seasons.

Taking up residence and service in Nerine had started to fill that gaping hole in his life, but it hadn’t been the same without the Falls to watch over as well. Today, flying over the Lake in preparation to land and seek out Amet and Iset, the bay warrior is overcome with a sense of déjà vu. Perhaps his ears are not assaulting with the sound of falling water, and the lake is not a waterfall, but it is beautiful in its own right (he’s not sure he’s ever seen such deep, clear water).

Folding his great wings, he drops to a graceful landing beside the water, casting an appreciative amber gaze over the view that is offered to him. Lowering his dished face he takes a deep drink of the cool water, humming appreciatively at the crisp, almost sweet taste of the fresh water. Though there is drinking water available in Nerine, he’s become used to finding a slight tang of salt in every drink, even far from the shore itself. Already, one of his blood-children is clambering to come here, to join in this ‘adventure’ as Bristol puts it, and Brennen knows he will eventually give in to her, but he thinks barely six months isn’t quite ready. Perhaps, he thinks as he looks around for the siblings, in the spring.

Stepping away from the lake, he gives a friendly call for the young leaders-in-residence.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

@[Amet]/@[Iset]

ooc; since Aeris/Nayl is away, I figure we can be super vague and say she approved since she agreed ooc and then figure out specifics when she's back Smile

Messages In This Thread
    hold me in this wild, wild world; Amet & Iset - by Brennen - 04-19-2017, 10:17 PM