• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i am a stranger to you; scythe
    she ain't got a care in this old weary world, she's an independent girl.
    Unlike him she had never seen the destruction of another world. She had yet to experience the darkness that even this one held and because of this one could say her dreams for unity and neutrality were nothing more than just that -- dreams. How she would be were she to discover the darkness is unknown. How it would change her, is something to simply be guessed upon. But one thing she knew was that were she to ever face the darkness, she would fight it every step of the way, trying her hardest to push it back, even if it killed her.

It's his half smile that draws her out of her temporary thoughts, her bright blue eyes lingering on his lips before traveling upwards to meet his gaze. It takes all of her self control to not chuckle at the way he stood there on the hillside, as tense as a compressed spring threatening to pop free of it's restraints. "You know, if you stay tense like that eventually you're going to start walking around like a penguin, having lost all your flexibility." Her voice is light, airy, with a hint of joking mixed within as a show that she meant no harm by the sarcastic statement. It slips out before he is able to introduce himself.

Though when he does, and the grin plasters across his face she finally allows herself to release a soft laugh of amusement, her own lips stretching to form a wide grin in return. "It's nice to meet you Scythe," his drawl temporarily distracts her, but not for long. "You are currently standing in my home. But if you mean the land as a whole, you are in Beqanna." It's nice to joke, to have a conversation that is different from the usual go-to nowadays and for a moment she finds herself relaxing as she studies the other. "If you'd like, you can stay here a while and I can show you around." The invitation is a simple one; he doesn't have to stay if he doesn't find it up to his standards. But he could easily call it home for the time being.

For this is exactly what she had meant the hills to be for. Not just a permanent home for many, but a temporary home for those who weren't too sure on where to go or if they felt like mainly wandering through the land of Beqanna while still having a place that was a home "base" of sorts. Glancing out over the rolling hills she watches the other residents come and go before turning her attention back to the other. "If you don't mind my asking, where did you come from, Scythe?"

Crota

Messages In This Thread
    i am a stranger to you; scythe - by crota - 04-28-2017, 08:36 PM
    RE: i am a stranger to you; scythe - by crota - 04-29-2017, 01:28 AM
    RE: i am a stranger to you; scythe - by crota - 04-29-2017, 03:08 AM