• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark side of the morning - anyone
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge
    of how much to give and how much to take
    Though his mother has tried to teach him, Ivar’s mind is no steel trap. He supposes that Offspring must be the ruler here and that he’s been told that a half-dozen times and has simply forgotten. He’s not quite interested in politics, which his mother has (perhaps accidentally) nurtured in him with her encouragement to wander alone. He’d rather look at the lands than at the faces in him, though he supposes if there were more horses like Warrick he wouldn’t mind the conversing so much. The bay stallion has been patient despite Ivar’s curiosity, and had even told him a new story. He is probably Ivar’s favorite non-related adult so far.

His gaze has wandered, but at the question in Warrick’s voice when he says Ivar’s mother’s name, the boy looks back. He says it as though he knows her, but as far as Ivar is aware, Mother has never left Sylva without taking him alone. Neither of his parents leave Sylva; Father stays in his lake and Mother stays with him. But Warrick says otherwise, and Ivar is still young enough to trust that this new friend wouldn’t lie.

“I’ll tell her you’ll come,” He promises the older man, “She likes visitors.” Well, he thinks she does. But perhaps he does not know her all that well after all.

“I have to go home now,” Says the pied colt with clear reluctance in his voice. “I promised I’d be home by nightfall.” He does try to be a good son, and while he is sad to be leaving, the thought that Warrick might come to visit soon has him brightening up again almost instantly. “Thanks for showing me around,” he says as he turns. “I;’ll see you later!”

IVAR

Messages In This Thread
    dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 05-21-2017, 09:34 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 05-25-2017, 07:22 AM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 05-31-2017, 07:51 AM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-04-2017, 01:47 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-13-2017, 09:12 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-16-2017, 01:26 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-18-2017, 08:32 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-22-2017, 09:02 PM