• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

wounds so deep they never show; they never go away. || EVERYONE
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see
    Oh dear oh dear oh dear. He is quite late. But then, when isn’t he late? This is Fox we are speaking of after all. The young red and white stallion is boisterous and gregarious, hardly able to stay in one place for too long. So it should come as no surprise that he arrives at the gathering after virtually everyone else.

His long strides carry him easily through his steamy home, his frame filling in, finally catching up to the youthful gangliness of his limbs. His lean features have lost the softness of childhood, hardening and refining into a handsome dark red accented by a bold strip of white. His eyes however, warm and amber, are as merry and carefree as ever. All of his still raucous youth shows in their clear depths as he bounds up to the rather large group of horses already assembled around the dark stallion that had called the meeting.

He recognizes most of them, but one or two here and there are strangers to him. Not for long though. Not for long. Anyone who knows Fox also knows they can’t remain strangers for any true length of time.

“Oh, I am sorry to come bursting in like this. Please continue.”

The next few minutes are enough to inform him that Offspring (he knows of him, of course, though he’s never had the pleasure of meeting him before. He’d certainly like to get to know him though. He seems like an interesting fellow) has stepped forward and would like to claim the right to lead Tephra. Contrary to his nature, he remains silent and allows others to speak first, gathering what he can about the man. And though the urge to speak fairly vibrates through him, he manages to hold it in until nearly all have given their favorable approval of the man. “Well, I have to say, any man spoken so highly have has my vote. Though I will be sorry to see Lucrezia go, change is good! Tephra needs some new life. I mean, I do what I can but I am only one man. And it would be so good to see some new faces. So many interesting things to be learned, I’m sure. And well, you know I’ll do what I can. Visit some other places and what have you. It’ll be fun, especially if I have some news to impart!”

As though realizing just how much he had been speaking, he abruptly cuts himself off, offering the group a wide, contagious grin as he does so. “So sorry, I seem to be rambling. I suppose you probably have a few things you want to add. Don’t mind me, please do carry on.”
    Fox

Ha! He's a nut :|

Messages In This Thread
    RE: wounds so deep they never show; they never go away. || EVERYONE - by Fox - 06-05-2017, 02:00 PM