• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  With stones to weigh my pockets down [Jah-Lilah]
    oh, my love, don't forsake me. take what the water gave me ..

The new mother gets far, but not far enough. She waits, day and night, with her twins near the border of her homeland but never passes through it. There’s something about the way the boys play together that makes Circinae never want to return to Taiga. The innocence still blooming in those cheeks that ache from smiling and laughter are enough to bring her to tears, but only when she thinks of the time that’s passing. Soon enough, they’ll be on their own and they won’t need her around for comfort, or storytelling, or to keep the burrs from tangling their growing manes. She’ll just be their dam, nothing more and nothing less.

It doesn’t stop her from selfishly hoarding every moment in between, though. The water wolf, sometimes green-and-navy mare, is more than capable of keeping the roaming troupe together and satisfied for entertainment. Summer was an easy season to watch young things grow and out here, they could be together with more of their kind: other mothers and their young. Even when the weather turns and the trio is forced to shelter beneath the boughs of the Forest, Circinae keeps her son’s eyes bright with her parlor tricks and wolfish mannerisms. The joy they bring to her life finally eclipses the shadow that Raeanne had left so long ago - even if the pain remains, lodged deep in her breast.

Her sons will never fear abandonment, ever. She promises them that much every night while they curl to her sides for warmth.

Today, however, they find themselves revelling in the early sunlight of what seems to be a beautiful day. For now the clouds are sparse and the humidity low, Circinae barely even breaks a sweat trying to keep up with her colts and their endless energy as they make their way to a clear spot. She watches them; nay, watches them disappear to discover hidden things in the grass while she herself lounges easily in her natural form. A flick of the ear now and again but for that, the shifter is mostly immobile. It isn’t until her younger one, Crevan, bounds out of her sight that she stirs, calling, “Crevan! Not too far! Come back now!” With an exasperated sigh to follow.

In minutes Corvus will be at his heels so she chooses to be proactive, moving forward to stop the escapees even though her curiosity is piqued to see what the two had found.

Circinae

@[Jah-Lilah] @[Drea]

Messages In This Thread
    With stones to weigh my pockets down [Jah-Lilah] - by Circinae - 06-13-2017, 05:18 PM
    RE: With stones to weigh my pockets down [Jah-Lilah] - by Circinae - 06-19-2017, 06:48 PM
    RE: With stones to weigh my pockets down [Jah-Lilah] - by Circinae - 06-23-2017, 07:54 AM
    RE: With stones to weigh my pockets down [Jah-Lilah] - by Circinae - 07-03-2017, 06:58 PM
    RE: With stones to weigh my pockets down [Jah-Lilah] - by Circinae - 07-05-2017, 02:24 PM