• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma

The night is dark...
    So we walk, and he talks. The corner of my lips tugging upwards into a small smile. If I remembered anything, it was that he could definitely talk. I nod in agreement with his toothy smile, remembering Father having a particular wonderful toothy smile of his own when he was feeling particularly violent. Usually, a touch of mom’s lips against his shoulder or a question from Tycho and I had been enough. But when it wasn’t…well, him and Dad went off to play for a while. That usually did the trick. They both came back with only small marks on them, likely Father had healed the rest, but both had that satisfied smirk on their faces and the ripple of fire in their eyes was back to a simmer.

I wondered briefly if Kerberos had that kind of relationship with Kali’s mom and Papa. But from the way that he talks about them, I am thinking not. Why does that make me even a tiny bit happy? A small frown mars my face but I wipe it away quickly when he turns back to look at me, that stupid happy smile on his face.

I watch him as he tells me about the night life on the island. How the island’s water do this pretty amazing thing. I nod in appreciation, certain that tonight I would make sure I caught the show before I went to sleep, even if that meant I was a little more grumpy tomorrow.

It takes me a moment of being lost in my thoughts about the island before I realized that he had stopped talking to me and had asked me a question. “What?” I blink, letting my mind catch up to his words and I laugh. “Sorry Kerberos. It’s habit.” And I wink, to let him know I’m only kind of teasing, from all the times before I used to ignore him as he talked. “You can show me it all, however you want, I just want to see it all.” And if maybe the way I said it made me blush a bit and those butterflies come back to life in a different way than before, well I didn’t so much as let it stop me.

Maybe if I turned my head to look at something away from him so he couldn’t see my face. I mean, it just had to be the remnants of breeding season right? With all the hormones in the air? That had to be why I was suddenly feeling warm, not because what I said had any sexual innuendo at all right?

Right.

When I turn back to him, it’s without a hint of any awkwardness, “Right. So lead on fearless leader.” I grin at him.

...and full of terrors.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma - by Roma - 06-26-2017, 06:25 PM