• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

thick skin / elastic heart [ellyse/any war]
    i'm not going to change, so stay out of my way.
    i don't need you to understand that i'm already saved.
      She is quiet, then –

Observant. Watching as she flinches from the onslaught of long forgotten, deeply buried memories – she feigned indifference, but there was a subtle touch of instability in her ambiguity. Ellyse is not so trusting. She does not know Thorunn, nor is she aware of her heritage (Covet had come and gone long before her time) – lineage only held a small piece of an otherwise intricately stitched puzzle and even if she had been aware of what blood ran through Thorunn’s veins, she would hardly be moved by it. Her bloodline could only carry her so far; she would have to rely on her wit, on her strength, agility, and wherewithal to do anything of value.  Just as she had. Just as she would.

A name meant little. History faded with time.

All that stood before her is flesh, and bone –

Yet, Thorunn held promise, and conviction.

Her answer is enough; Thorunn considered Tephra her own – and as such, she would defend it, protect it – what more could be asked of a warrior? Ellyse had no need for fickle, cleverly disguised inquiries – if her soldiers held the same unshakable desire, the same insatiable hunger to bear the burden of battle, of blood spilled, that would be enough. Quietly, her chin dips towards her chest plate – a single, solitary nod.

Acceptance.

”I was born in the valley, beneath the rule of Eight and Topsail,” she muses quietly, glancing to Kimber, who has thus been a quiet but steady presence. ”my father served them for a time. I, too, consider Tephra my home. Welcome, Thorunn, among the ranks. I look forward to working with you.”

Learning from you. Learning with you.
      Time would tell.
    Ellyse

@[k i m b e r] @[Thorunn]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart [ellyse/any war] - by Ellyse - 06-24-2017, 05:25 AM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart [ellyse/any war] - by Ellyse - 06-28-2017, 01:40 AM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart [ellyse/any war] - by Ellyse - 07-15-2017, 01:36 PM