• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i'll use you as a warning sign - anyone
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge
    of how much to give and how much to take
    The trees overhead cast deep shadows, keeping the woods dark even as the sun rises. Ivar’s penchant for wandering in the dawn has not faded as he’s grown; he doubts it ever will. Fall has sapped the summer warmth from the air, and Ivar’s damp coat is scant protection from the chill. There is no wind, thankfully, but he glances back for a moment at the river thatd he’d emerged from.

He is never uncomfortable beneath the water.

Staying there forever is not an option though; he’s as much horse as he is water dragon, and horses belong on dry land.

Below his hooves, the soft forest floor gives easily, muffling the sound of his movement. The splashy coloring of his coat makes it difficult to remain hidden despite his quiet steps, but Ivar is not really trying to hide. If anything, he is hoping to find someone. Anyone will do; this is his first trip out of Sylva for a record-breaking three days. The wily catfish had kept him occupied, but the young man is ready for more interesting conversation.

Shaking his corded mane, Ivar looks into the shadows as he walks, his soft brown eyes curious. He has grown from a rather homely child to a handsome adolescent. Someday he will be more – too much more – but the lankiness of his figure and openness in his young eyes still hint at his youth. There is a sound to the left. Ivar turns, tilting his freckled head.

“Hello? Is someone there?”

IVAR

Messages In This Thread
    i'll use you as a warning sign - anyone - by Ivar - 06-23-2017, 07:58 AM