• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

do you feel like a young god? sakir
    There was a weight to his thoughts today. He’d tried to push it away, to not let the worry implant deeper and become that much more all-consuming. Little use that had been, for such thoughts were too damn heavy to ignore. 

Days. It had been days since he’d last seen her. And he’d worn a permanent frown since scouring those craggy peaks for his twin in the night and finding no recent trace of her. It was unlike her to be so aloof from him, they’d shared everything, all burdens, even those small pockets of joy that had at times existed. When Iset had fled the dunes in the night, he’d had a sense of that, she’d told him. But something was off, and now she was gone again. And it left him feeling anxious and far too unsettled for sleep.

It was all too much to hold within himself. He needed his brother. And with heavy hooves and weary eyes Sakir searched along the circumference of the crystal clear lake for Amet. The sun shone high in the sky, the glare bouncing off the water surface. If he had not been so fraught with worry and exhaustion, he would have marvelled at the sight.

Eventually he found Amet in the grasses, his golden body shimmering as daylight rebounded off his scales. More than once he’d wondered how his brother’s scales had come to be. And more than once he’d refrained from asking anything that could steer their conversations down a pathway much deeper. But that couldn’t be avoided now, he needed his brother to take a slice of his worry, to make it right. Just has he had in the dunes in those times when his deep thoughts channelled a bit too deep, usually when Iset had come to him bloodied and bruised more than usual.

Don’t get up,” he spoke gently, perhaps too quietly for his brother paid it no mind. Instead Amet greeted him affably, touching his muzzle with that brotherly form of affection which was always easy to return even now, despite everything that had happened. “I found you first,” he said weakly, a small smile brief on his lips though it would have done nothing to dent the weariness and trepidation worn plain on his face.

“I think I've put our conversation off long enough.”

Oh,” was all he said. He’d done his best to avoid that talk. He wasn’t ready for it, and because the moment had never felt right. Even now, Sakir wasn’t sure this moment was either. His frown deepened and he found it hard to make his voice work. “I…”

No. he couldn’t have this conversation now. His mind was too weary and burdened, His thoughts were not light and despite his youth, he knew himself well enough to know in this moment, with his mind on Iset and her whereabouts, he’d find it far too easy to lay blame. “It’s Iset.” He blurted somehow finding words. “She’s gone and I don’t know…” the words hitched in his throat. Where she went? When? That it left him worried. Though mostly, that Iset hadn’t shared it with him.

@[Amet]

so sorry for the long wait Sii

Messages In This Thread
    do you feel like a young god? sakir - by Amet - 06-25-2017, 12:16 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? sakir - by Sakir - 07-05-2017, 06:31 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? sakir - by Amet - 07-15-2017, 07:03 PM