• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kiss away the bad dreams
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

She whispers about the roots she had never intended to grow - the ones that have grown into Hyaline's soil and that will aid in its regrowth in the spring. The ones that have helped him grow, fast and courageous, throughout their friendship. Amet's chest is warm and full of emotion, his amber eyes melting into hers as he gazes appreciatively at the painted mare. "I believe in myself because of you," he matches her confession with his own, his heart pitter pattering sharply within his narrow gilded chest. He knows little about these emotions, or how to handle them, but he feels that he's done sufficiently enough thus far.

At least, he hasn't scared her away yet. His first friend.

There's a sudden shift in Tang's demeanor when Amet mentions Warrick and he recoils, but only imperceptibly, his eyes searching hers at the first hint of her uncharacteristic disquiet. "Is everything okay?" he questions with his own hesitation at the succinct sadness in her usually bright eyes. I'm pregnant, Amet, she finally says.

I'm pregnant.
    I'm pregnant.
    I'm pregnant.

The statement rocks him, but not in the way he would have expected. There is shock in his amber eyes, albeit briefly, and then he is returning her touch with a warm nicker. His soft muzzle finds her cheek as Tang's finds his, quelling any jealousy that threatened to blossom in his belly. "Congratulations, mahal," he whispers tenderly as he lets his eyes flutter closed, "I'm so happy for you both." He pulls away from the gold and cream mare and gives her a gentle grin, "You better come back. I've always wanted to be the cool Uncle to a little niece or nephew. Or, well, stepdad... or... you know what? I'll let you explain it," he finally spits out, with a chagrined bout of laughter.
    Amet

@[Tangerine]

Messages In This Thread
    kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 06-28-2017, 10:55 AM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Amet - 07-01-2017, 03:00 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 07-02-2017, 08:16 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Amet - 07-08-2017, 03:08 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 07-12-2017, 05:30 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Amet - 07-15-2017, 07:28 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 07-17-2017, 04:36 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Amet - 07-21-2017, 07:35 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 07-26-2017, 08:51 AM