• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma
    Alright, so Roma and Kali together are fucking adorable. I’m just saying. Squishy and happy and sweet, with just the right amount of mischief. Maybe it’s selfish, but I really hope Rom sticks around. And not just for Kali. It’s really fucking nice to have an old friend around. Or, well. Maybe an old acquaintance, a new friend. I don’t know that I’d honestly say I had any friends back when I was with her brother. I wasn’t exactly the friends kind of guy. Had very little use for anyone unless I was fucking them, really. It’s no surprise she hadn’t expected much of me when we ran into each other. Or when Kali ran into her.

It is, though, really fucking gratifying to see the way she looks at me now. Like I’m a better man than I was back then. And it’s nice to be around someone who...well...look, I don’t know, alright, it’s just nice to be around her. Simple as that. I cuddle on in next to Kali, who did her damndest to stay awake all night for a sleepover, and just made it long enough to show off the way the water glows this soft, gorgeous blue at night, lighting up beneath the pressure of a hoof and fading just slowly enough to leave a sparkling trail of bioluminescence behind. “Look, Daddy, I’m magic!” she’d shouted, dashing across the water and making it glow. “Did you see, Miss Roma, did you see?!”

God, I love that kid.

But it didn’t take her long to get all tuckered out, not after a day that exciting. Demanding little thing that she is, she snuggles up next to Roma with those big brown eyes and asks for a sleepy cuddle, and the second the two of them are settled in, she turns those angel eyes on me. “Daddy? I’m chilly, and I miss you.” Yes, because I’m so very far away. “And it’s a slumber party, there should be a very big cuddle pile, right? Come cuddle me too?”

Which is how I find myself tucked right up around my baby girl’s other side like a cozy little blanket. Pretty literally, since the second I snuggle in, she looks up at me again, all wide eyes and sneaky, hopeful smile, and asks, “Um…’kay, but cozier?” I snort and let the iron of my body flow over the pair of them, leaving enough room for them to shift about and still be surrounded by my body heat. Fucking weird, but she’s always loved it, and I can’t turn down those eyes or that tiny, charming smile.

She kisses me on the chin and uses Roma’s shoulder as a pillow, and just like that, she’s out. “It’ll give if you need to get up,” I say with a rueful grin and a nod at the weird solid heated blanket that only actually stays warm through sheer force of will. Just like the rest of me, I guess. Iron wouldn’t on its own, but this is a living, breathing piece of me with my heartbeat and everything. “Sorry. It makes her feel all cozy and happy, but I should’ve asked if you mind. What with the weird, and the invasion of personal space and all.”
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma - by Kerberos - 06-30-2017, 01:23 PM