• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma
    I shrug off her compliment, but meet her golden eyes with a grateful smile. A compliment like that, coming from someone who knew me before, well. It goes straight to my heart, makes me feel damn good. “Thanks.” And that’s quite enough about that.

“Nah, not more babies, I don’t think so anyhow. I’m good after Kali, you know? I mean things happen, right, especially when the season comes ‘round, so I can’t swear to it or anything. But I’m no good for her. Lacey and Reilly aren’t together, but I’m hoping. He’s a good man, he’d treat her well, and they both deserve some happy. Still, can’t push a heart where it’s not ready to go, so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.”

She still looks at me with that spark in her gorgeous brown eyes, but you can feel that way about more than one person, easy. Hell, I’d accept that unspoken invitation, but it seems to do nothing but hurt her any time I do. So there won’t be another little lavender baby running around, not this year at least.

Also I’m pretty sure Reilly’d break his jaw trying to bite my face off if I cock block him again so soon.

“Next...I don’t know, Rom. Got a few years before Kali’s grown even if the twins are getting pretty close already, so for now at least I’ll be here. Keeping an eye out, keeping them safe, giving them a place to grow up in peace. After that, well. Who knows? Maybe I’ll decide I love it here too much to leave. Or maybe…” Well, maybe it’ll be easier on Lacey if I leave, once the kids don’t need me around anymore. I shrug. “What about you? I get wanting to wander, but you’re welcome to hang out here if you like, for as long as you like. The company would be really damn nice, and Kali clearly loves you already. You’re her very first sleepover friend. Plus, it’s...it’s really nice seeing you again, Roma.”
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma - by Kerberos - 07-02-2017, 06:05 PM