• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma
    “Glad to hear it. You’re so welcome, Rom.” I smile and settle in next to her, wrapped up together around Kali like it’s the most natural thing in the world. It felt good, curled up with a friend, with someone who knew me as well as Roma did. “Fuck, I missed you. Didn’t know it, but I missed the hell out of you.” Not that that makes a whole lot of sense, not missing her ‘til she was back, but feelings are weird like that.

Whatever, no use thinking too hard about it when I could just be lying here enjoying the moment. I lay my head down next to hers, close enough that I can smell her. Funny how just the smell of someone you care about and haven’t seen in a long time can wash over you and set you right at ease. Kali’s got the right of it, and I think I’m just about ready to follow her lead and fall asleep.

Before I do, I meet Roma’s eyes again, smile a sleepy, content little half-smile, and move just far enough to touch the soft of my nose to the side of her face. “G’night, gorgeous. Sweet dreams, huh? Fair warning, Kali’s an early riser. And kicks when she’s having really good dreams. Gets all excited and can’t keep still. You get too warm, you let me know, and I’ll fix it.” One last smile and I close my eyes, chasing after Kali on her quest for dreamland.
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma - by Kerberos - 07-05-2017, 12:27 PM