• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Amet, Sakir
    The silence between his question and the time it took for his brother to answer seemed almost unending. In the building pause between words, Sakir realised that his brother’s eyes filled to the brim with sorrow suddenly said more than words ever could. And instinctively, in a small moment when sorrowful eyes met with worry, he already knew that the words yet to form on his brother’s tongue was an answer he wouldn’t want to hear. He gulped back the unease of it all and steadied his panic as Amet reached to comfort them both, his muzzle resting on the small scales that had begun to protrude through the dark hairs there. Don’t waver, be steady… he willed himself. He needed to be strong for them both now, to be his brother’s unwavering pillar as he had so often once been Iset’s. 

I don’t know… I don’t know where she’s going,’

It felt like his heart turned to stone and sunk through his chest like a rock. “She… she’s leaving though…” he mumbled softly though it wasn’t really a question but rather a voiced acknowledgement of his family once again breaking apart.

‘She said she loves you,

His mouth felt awfully dry and his mind pounded heavy. “I know, I don’t question it.” Iset needed him now more than anything, she was breaking, alone, hurt…. And… and Amet had let her run away. Why did he do that? No, stay impassive, remain calm. Amet was searching his face, though Sakir found his sturdy composure was easier to maintain if he didn’t look back at him. “No, if you’ve let her go, she won’t be back, she’s too stubborn.” He’d need to go after her, pull those pieces back together.

‘Iv’e failed you both.’

He pressed a reassuring muzzle against his brothers scaled neck. For a long time, as far back as he could remember he’d looked up to his brother, that his guidance and fortitude was beyond anyone else’s. But so much was happening, so much had changed, it must be impossible not to sink with such a weight. But Iset was one of them, and she could not be let to slip away.  “Whatever she’s done… whatever any of us do, it doesn’t matter, this Kingdom can’t be ahead of her, no one can.” And with that he left his brother’s side and wandered off in the direction his wild twin had fled into.

@[Amet] -- don't worry about replying this was heaps long overdue

Messages In This Thread
    Amet, Sakir - by Iset - 07-05-2017, 03:28 PM
    RE: Amet, Sakir - by Amet - 07-15-2017, 06:47 PM
    RE: Amet, Sakir - by Sakir - 07-18-2017, 01:02 AM
    RE: Amet, Sakir - by Amet - 07-24-2017, 08:45 PM
    RE: Amet, Sakir - by Sakir - 09-05-2017, 07:16 PM