• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home || circinae
    oh, my love, don't forsake me. take what the water gave me ..

“He seems quite taken with you ... “ She says.

Ellyse. It doesn’t take more than a single good sweeping-over to determine the character that gave life to this animated slab of flesh. Pride is one attribute - it leaks from the corners of her eyes and mouth when she speaks of the man that Circinae had loved from afar, (and it is love, she knows it now more than ever) Confidence, too, is seeping out from bones and turns of phrase: “When did you last see him?”

“It’ll be close to two years now, since I’ve last had the pleasure of Canaan’s company.” She answers flatly, emotion devoid of this statement because her mind, unlike her body, is now somewhere far from here. Something about what Ellyse had said - that Canaan returned every winter regardless of circumstance. It perturbed the little green mare. Was that what she could expect, if there was ever to be a future between herself and the golden stallion? Only winters of reunion while the rest of time tested her strength and loyalty?

“And the boys,” She thinks quietly while Ellyse no doubt is waiting for her to say more, “Will it only be Winters yet to come that I see them too?”

“The boys -” She starts suddenly, blue eyes lighting with realization of the present condition. Her head snaps upwards, a grim determination changing her features quickly from that of dreamy haze to hardened resolve. “The boys have been out for a few weeks too. They’re fine, though, I know that much. But clearly Canaan isn’t.”

With the jerk of her knees she starts forward, breezing by the elder mare as if she’s forgotten entirely about her. “I have to go, I can’t just stand here waiting for him to come back anymore.” She calls out, swinging her body in a wide arc so that she might look back to Ellyse once more. “You can fly, I can teleport. Between the two of us, I’m sure we’ll find something soon enough.” Circy tells her, a grim sort of smile taking hold of her face now. In the way of her kind she’s not exactly the best at saying goodbye (she never wants it to be a permanent thing) so instead she only offers a stiff nod.

Shifting quickly, the mare-turned-wolf turns back and bounds away, intent on plunging into the icy water of the divide between her home and others - ready to find her winter lover, wherever he may be.

Circinae

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home || circinae - by Circinae - 08-17-2017, 08:43 AM