• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

do you feel like a young god? kali or kirby or both
    “Oh, for sure,” Kali agreed, smiling over her shoulder at Amet. “I love it, too, big families are the best. I think a small one would be so, so lonely, and I hope ours just keeps getting bigger. We’ve sort of adopted my dad’s friend Roma too, who’s really nice, and there are a few other people who live on the island or come visit sometimes, and we’re making friends all over. Uncle Roo lives in Taiga, and he’s the best. And of course you, in Hyaline! And I need to go exploring some more, make even more new friends. People are so nice, don’t you think? I always meet the best people when I go exploring.”

Really, she was overdue for a good wander. Mom had asked her not to go by herself, but sometimes she couldn’t wait for Dad or Khari or somebody to have free time to go with her, and after all, why shouldn’t she go on her own? She was practically grown up, and besides, everyone was so kind and friendly. Maybe I’ll go on an adventure tomorrow! Oh, that was an excellent idea. See somewhere new even, that would be so much fun!

“Your family sounds nice, are they nice? Ohhh, your scales are dragon scales?” Kali’s brown eyes widened and she paused, turning to look at his scales again. “That’s so cool! Daddy says there’s a sexy dragon man living on one of the littler islands, but I haven’t met him yet. I always wondered what a dragon would look like, and now I know! Well, partly anyhow.”

She lipped at his scales again, a playful smile making her eyes twinkle. “I like it. Scales are very dashing, and they’re fun to wear too. I bet way more fun than fish scales, for sure. Plus they’re so pretty and shiny. Oh, sorry, should I say handsome? I forget who said boys like the word handsome better than pretty, maybe it was Mom or Kylie or Reilly? Anyhow. So handsome and shiny, then, and they can be pretty and shiny on me. Is your sister shiny like my dad?”

And very cautiously, she peeked up at him, tucking herself up against him in a soft little cuddle. “I’m sorry you didn’t know your dad. That sounds heartachey sad. Maybe you could borrow mine, he’s pretty great. I mean, if you--well maybe you don’t want somebody to be dadlike anymore, and that’d be fine too, but if you did, or you maybe just needed a friend who was a man and who you could talk to about important stuff? I bet he’d be good at that. He’s really nice, and squishy soft even if he is iron, and he likes you. I know, ‘cause we talked about how nice you were, and how hospitable, and how well you treated me when we came to visit. That meant a lot to him.”

But she didn’t want to push too hard, so she followed his lead without protest. “Oh heavens no, that’d be pretty presumptuous, wouldn’t it? I bet they already have names of their own, squawks and chirps and whistles and funny bird sounds. Wouldn’t it be silly to give them names they couldn’t even say? Or ones they’d have to try so hard to learn? They’re friendlyish, but they’re distant enough that they haven’t exactly tried to come talk to us, so it’d be hard to ask. I do have favorites though, those little green ones with the dark red tails, and the blue wing tips, and the tops of their heads are grey? Those ones, they’re so cute and goofy and adorable. They’re not as bright and flashy as some of the other ones, the more rainbowy ones, but they’re sneaky and charming, and I love them. Which ones are your favorite?”
    Kirby and Lacey's
    little whisper girl
    @[Amet]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: do you feel like a young god? kali or kirby or both - by Kali - 07-29-2017, 02:15 PM