• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Offspring

tantalize

I will try to hold you up

Through those times you are gone

You won’t do this alone

It was funny, this odd cat and mouse game they play with each other. Neither one wanting to betray what they were thinking, to allude that there was more bubbling beneath the surface of their skin. It had never crossed her mind that she could desire someone again after being so brutally betrayed. Since the day Lion had broken her spirit and her body, she hadn’t been touched again. More importantly, she had locked up any last remnant of feeling. Refusing to ever allow herself in such a position again.

That had been years ago. Part of her had softened a little with the loss of the jungle, all of her mistakes and bad memories swallowed with the rest of the old lands. The stallion that had ruined everything was long gone, fragmented bone and dust blowing on the sands of the beach. That was all he was now, no longer having power over her. For a moment, as her narrowed eye lingers appreciatively over the dark brawny figure of him, she allows herself a rare moment. A what if?

”And you allowed that?” She chuckles softly, not taking Offspring as a stallion that would allow such rude treatment. ”I haven’t really spoken to her yet. I’m interested to see if your perception of her holds up.” Of course she would reserve judgement until she had seen Nayl for herself. However she takes Offy’s words and pockets them for later.  His last comment on Nerine not lost upon her either, only a subtle tug of her lips acknowledging she had heard.

The things she valued most in this life was loyalty and honesty. It was all she could rely on. There was no point in pretending she was perfect when she knew fully well she was not, nobody was. She had accepted her flaws, the wrongs she had done. She was still standing, her enemies were not. Obviously she was doing something right.

His laughter rumbles like thunder in his chest and she absently reaches out to him, her dark muzzle brushing lightly against his heated shoulder. Inhaling his scent of ash, brine, and musk. ”You’ve done well.” That thin smile flickering briefly on her lips before pulling away. Their talk turns more serious still as he speaks of his father. It doesn’t do much to rub away at her doubt until he speaks of another land. Offspring wasn’t from here. Why does she feel so relieved? Extending her skull slightly to bump her muzzle against his, lingering for a moment. ”I’m sorry for your loss.”

His pain is evident and she feels genuinely sorry for bringing up the past. While she had never been particularly close with her dam, she had been her only child. They had lost track not long after she had been born, she wasn’t sure if Novae still lived. Cross on the other hand… ”My father is dead too.” Little did she know.

”It was not my intention to bring up things best forgotten.” Her golden gaze moving from him and back towards the volcano. Pushing her own ache deep down within her.

Messages In This Thread
    Offspring - by Tantalize - 07-27-2017, 02:10 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 07-27-2017, 06:44 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 08-16-2017, 05:04 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 08-16-2017, 11:29 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 08-18-2017, 10:47 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 09-06-2017, 05:51 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 09-06-2017, 07:17 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 09-07-2017, 08:41 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 09-07-2017, 10:08 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Reagan - 09-09-2017, 05:17 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 09-09-2017, 08:21 PM