• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Offspring
    You're looking at an absolute zero;
    I'm not the devil but I won't be your hero.
      ”I avoid confrontation when I am able,” he muses softly, his rumbling voice heavy in the humid air while the darkened scarlet of his gaze is settled upon her. ”though I did give her a piece of my mind.” There is a shadow of humor in the crease of his mouth, turned up with a half-hearted smile, though it soon fades away with the rustling of the wind – weaving its way through the tangled tresses that lay strewn across the broad surface of his neck. He is quiet for a moment, attempting to quell the stirring in the back of his mind – he had been spending so much time isolated (a stoic and foreboding presence, and a silent one, all the while) that he had forgotten the contentment that could only be had while in the company of another, and her gentle touch and soft, sultry tone are nothing to balk at.

The thick and rolling muscle beneath his marred flesh begins to rouse with each sweeping forward motion – he is no longer stagnant and still, instead choosing to step forth and enter the stillness of the water that lay before him. It is not shallow, nor is it deep – it does not quite reach his breast, lapping instead at the underside of his barrel as his long, feathered legs tread through the tepid water, submerging his limbs slowly.

His long and tangled tail hovers over the surface, each tendril floating and weaving through the crystalline water with each twitch to and fro – and the matted tresses that lay across his neck become dampened along their knotted ends, while the darkness of his maroon gaze traces the rippling spring, observing her wavering reflection before search the ember hidden away within her own gaze.

There is a moment of silence shared, and he does not swell on her condolences – his mother had been dead for so long, he could hardly remember much of her aside from the vile way she had spat out his name – (Offspring - he was nothing more to her; he was the much-hated product of the very thing that had so grievously devastated Tantalize, though he was none the wiser). His heartache is for what he had never had – and he longed to bury the memory of her and the ache that came with it.

All the while, his heavy gaze is settled upon her, glancing between the gentle curve of her jawline to the mystery lurking within the endless abyss of her eyes. His eyes trace the subtle curve of her hip, and the soft speckling of unusual spots along the slope of her spine. ”And I am sorry for your loss. Our memories are all that we have, at the end of it all,” he utters softly, while an idle ear twitches and turns – while a flicker of a dimly lit flame covers the surface of his exposed skin for a fraction of a second; the same flicker of a fire buried more deeply within. ”but it does not do well to dwell on them. Join me? ” he asks quietly – a deeper rumble than the volcano itself.
    OFFSPRING
    another zealot with the weight of the fucking world

Messages In This Thread
    Offspring - by Tantalize - 07-27-2017, 02:10 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 07-27-2017, 06:44 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 08-16-2017, 05:04 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 08-16-2017, 11:29 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 08-18-2017, 10:47 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 09-06-2017, 05:51 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 09-06-2017, 07:17 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 09-07-2017, 08:41 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 09-07-2017, 10:08 PM