• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

curiosity killed the cat || ellyse
    CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT
    & SATISFACTION BROUGHT HIM BACK
    Dahmer had witnessed Ellyse's promotion to Head of War. He'd known from the moment that Magnus placed that responsibility upon her gilded shoulders that she would rise to the challenge gladly. Even then, her vigilance and her vision for Tephra had been unfaltering. And, despite his utter faith in her abilities, he is still, years later, caught off guard by her capacity to arrive within minutes of being called, no matter the location. His lips twitch into a smirk at the sight of the winged champagne, curious if Smoak's return to Tephra had triggered some sixth sense in the mare, or if she had simply been ready for anything, as she usually is.

Smoak doesn't see Dad's smirk, opting not to wait for the blue-eyed stallion as he bolts away with gangly legs, his own champagne head thrown skyward as he forgets his fatigue and angles towards Mom. Approaching her a tad bit too quickly, the young colt missteps and nearly falls headfirst into Ellyse, his bone-accented appendages scrambling to regain composure at the last second. He leans his lithe frame into her chest, nestling there warmly as her maw plays at his nape. A quiet bout of laughter escapes his lips and he turns his hazel eyes guiltily towards Dad as he whispers, "Well, Dad almost got us lost," to which Dahmer huffs with mock affront.

"I got you home alive, I think that's the important part," he scolds playfully as his own azure gaze turns to Ellyse. His eyes linger on her as she questions Smoak about the day, which their son answers with ample excitement, telling her about the lake in the Playground and the other foals he'd run around with (making sure to mention that he seemed to be the fastest). The black stallion watches Ellyse, searching her face as she listens to their son, enthralled by the way her expression softens whenever she's around the young colt.

When Smoak has finished his monologue ("I'd like to go back soon, Mom, but right now I'm STARVING."), Dahmer is quick to turn his gaze from Ellyse, lest she see him studying her, and instead rests it on Tephra in the background, where the sky has turned orange and small wisps of smoke curl from the caldera of their volcano.
    Dahmer
    image © celestiene

@[Ellyse]

Messages In This Thread
    curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Dahmer - 08-15-2017, 07:16 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Ellyse - 08-15-2017, 10:45 PM
    RE: curiosity killed the cat || ellyse - by Dahmer - 08-19-2017, 03:48 PM