• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    I Don't Want the Destruction you Run From....
    The girl's heart is in the right place, she supposes.
    They so often <i>love</i> to destroy, to wreck havoc over her grounds. Yet here is a girl, coming for help, to undo damage done. It's noble.
    But she has been burned before.
    They've lied to her before, to trick her out of her magic, deceived her on their intentions. She was more generous, once, but time and time again they grew greedy, always pushing the limits of her power, sucking Beqanna dry. So when the girl makes her suggestions - implied, if not explicitly stated - she hesitates.

<b>"You'd trade your power for it,"</b> she says, but it's not really a question. It's a demand, her simplest one. She doesn't listen for an answer - why else would the girl have come, if she were not willing to make a sacrifice.
    <b>"There's something else you must do,"</b> she says, <b>"to make things right."</b>
    A soft pouch appears around the girl's neck. It's lightweight, but filled with life. She steps closer, touches the bag, whispers something, an incantation. The bag glows briefly for a moment, then becomes dull again.
    <b>"Redwoods,"</b> she says, <b>"in honor of Taiga."</b>
    Those horses were not so repentant as Kolera. Should any of them step foot on her mountain, they will rue the day.
    <b>"You'll plant three seeds,"</b> she says, <b>"two in places that are important to you. The last seed should be planted in Taiga. After you plant the first seed, you'll begin to be able to revive those plants you killed. After the second, your power will be stronger still. When the last seed is planted, your blight will be gone, and in its place, the ability to revive plants."</b>
    She gives the girl one final look.
    <b>"Go,"</b> she says, <b>"and do not disappoint me."</b></b>

OOC: make 3 IC posts of her planting the seeds - 2 wherever, and 1 in taiga (the guardians will let you pass, for this purpose). With each post, her new trait - <b>flora revival</b> - will grow stronger, and will be fully there when she plants the last seed. Her blight will disappear.

@[Kolera]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Don't Want the Destruction you Run From.... - by Beqanna Fairy - 09-26-2017, 07:47 PM