• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  thunder chasing the wind [Ellyse]
    Ellyse
    I have the tendency of getting very physical,
    so watch your step 'cause if I do you'll need a miracle.
      A shiver traverses the length of her spine as his teeth delicately pluck and preen at the ivory feathers lining the hollowed bones of her wing – it is pleasant – pleasurable, even, and for a moment, she is distracted, while her darkening gaze traces the muscle moving beneath his skin with every sweeping motion. He is beginning to fill out, as lost muscle is regained and fat (that had long ago left him appearing gaunt and completely undone) has filled the spaces where protruding bone once lay. 

The heavy scar tissue over the empty socket where another deep and expressive amber eye should be is gently kissed by her lips, fleeting as her cheek brushes across his own. She is not much for words, but she does not shy away from the affection that she has longed to give to him in his absence – she does not need to speak to convey the emotion welling up within the tightness of her chest.

Perhaps it is the hormonal shift (surely, she would blame it even if it weren’t), but she is all too aware of how the hefty emotion settled within the pit of her heart is ephemeral – she does not want to take a moment shared with him for granted; it could be (it would be) taken away from her. She had never managed to hold onto anything, to anyone for long. She is quiet for a moment, as his mind is shuttered with the gravity of her confession – while he is wrought with disbelief, she is quelling the dread bubbling within, suffocating it before it can reach the golden flecks of her eyes.

He breathes her name, questioning her certainty – and almost as if it were in response, the life inside of her turns and stretches, filling her with a familiar warmth that made the agony of childbearing worthwhile. Before she can speak, he is covering her with soft kisses, raking his lips and teeth across her tender skin, and she savors it – fleeting, as time was – committing the enthrallment and awe written on his face to memory. Her cheek presses against his neck, nestling closer to him, reveling in a moment shared under the falling sun before he is withdrawn, his awe becoming uncertainty.

She had been with no other – it was his, wholly and completely, and though she can see the flicker of doubt in his eye, she does not humor it. His insecurity is his own, and she would not be questioned. Alas, as quickly as it had come, it is gone, and what is left is a soft revelation – a whisper on his lips, but she is neither stunned nor shaken. He is no less to her – he was more to her than the one who had fathered many and left her heart in splintered pieces; fatherhood is earned, and not unlike Dahmer, he is rife with exhilaration and elation, even beneath the worry of not being enough.

He would be enough.

He was enough.

”I am certain,” she murmurs softly against his cheek, pressing another kiss against the ridge of his jaw, pressing closer to him if it were at all even possible. ”I can feel him – or her – even now. You’re going to be a father,” she utters again, wanting the heaviness of the word to settle into the marrow of his bones, with the warmth of a smile hiding behind her hazel eyes. ”you are enough, Ledger.” She does not need to see into his mind to know the thoughts that would soon plague him. ”You know what it is to be without the love of a father, and I know that you will give them all that is needed to be full and happy. I know it.”

And in her heart of hearts, she does.
    You want to stay but you know very well I want you gone;
    you're not fit to fucking tread the ground that I am walking on.

@[Ledger]

Messages In This Thread
    thunder chasing the wind [Ellyse] - by Ledger - 09-06-2017, 01:08 PM
    RE: thunder chasing the wind [Ellyse] - by Ellyse - 09-06-2017, 10:40 PM
    RE: thunder chasing the wind [Ellyse] - by Ledger - 09-07-2017, 12:35 PM
    RE: thunder chasing the wind [Ellyse] - by Ellyse - 09-07-2017, 12:55 PM
    RE: thunder chasing the wind [Ellyse] - by Ledger - 09-07-2017, 01:13 PM
    RE: thunder chasing the wind [Ellyse] - by Ellyse - 09-07-2017, 05:17 PM