• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Without the Dark, We'd Never See the Stars [Ouija]
    The Amazons, where I was born and raised for the majority of my young life was very tropical.  The dense forests of mountainous trees created the ideal environment for my magic.  I did not have to wait for the cover of night to practice my art.  I used the shadows the canopy created.  Bending the light and dark to do varies things.  One of my strongest abilities was creating dense shadows to hide in.  It served many purposes in the tropics.  Protecting me from the dangers that lurked around every corner.  It had it's flaws though...

Still blushed from his compliments, I swish my black tail quietly.  My ears perk to attention when he mentions the tropics.  A sinking in my soul was uplifted that this stranger possibly knew where my family was.  Then he invited me along.  I nod my head excitedly in acceptance, "Oh I'd love to come along! I grew up in the Amazons! Perhaps some of my family is still there!" Beyond astatic I quickly follows with a giddy prance.  "The weather is quite lovely all year round.  The ocean keeps us quite warm," I add as they make their way across the remaining land of the River.  

It wasn't long before the land broke into beach along the northern coast.  My hooves sank into the grainy terrain with each step.  I followed closely, striking up small talk as we went, "What is it that you need to go get?" My innocent curiousity getting the better of me.  We stopped just then, my eyes peeling away from his, looking out across the kingdom.  Towering cliffs and grey-washed pebbles made up most the landscape.  I knew immediately this was not the Amazons I remembered.  

...to be continued on Nerine board

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Without the Dark, We'd Never See the Stars [Ouija] - by Reshi - 09-15-2017, 10:02 AM