• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

larger than the moon, my love for you; solace
    god make me pay
    like the devil i am
    He doesn’t notice him at first and Maugrim grinds his teeth in response, the muscles in his jaw jumping fervently. A long time ago, when he was just a foal abandoned in the den, he would have given anything to be ignored - but now, in this moment, he will not be.

But Maugrim does not fret long. A sinister grin, curling maliciously across his pearlescent lips, unfolds across his two-toned face when his black eyes watch Levi’s fire spiral from beneath his hooves. So much power and strength lies within the stallion before him - it’s curious to Maugrim; how did he come to choose the sloth-like lifestyle of just an ordinary kingdom horse? Wasn’t there more to life? More to them?

Levi spits sarcasm immediately, to which Maugrim replies with the flick of his ears against his neck. So quick to verbally bite him - why hesitate with his fire? Scared to burn down the countryside? Another grin. Pupil-less eyes flick seemingly thoughtlessly to the clamoring twins close by, surveying his handiwork. He no longer floods the tidepool for now it is completely over their heads, and the two-toned stallion turns all of his attention to the fire-wielder before him.

“Don’t flatter me, Levi,” he drawls, his voice gurgling and boiling from the depths of his throat, sinister and slow. He slinks forward only a few steps, the glistening and gnarled scar from his shoulder sparkling in the Tephran sun. A grotesque reminder of their first meeting, now seemingly forever away compared to where the two stood now. Vastly different, and like a snake Maugrim has slithered back, intent on bringing the stallion back with him. “Island-born. They’re good swimmers.” He speaks of the children, though his soul-less eyes never leave Levi. “I wonder how long until they begin to lose their strength.”

Absorbing the water in the stagnant tide pools around them, Maugrim pulls it from the sand in one easy lift of his muzzle upwards. He doesn’t hesitate (he also doesn’t calculate, for he is angry and there is no time to be precise - besides, he isn’t hunting) and sends one wave forward in hopes of soaking the fire-prince, for humiliation’s sake. Perhaps a fight needn’t occur, perhaps Levi would come to his senses just by seeing the sheer power and possibility that could be shared between the two of them.

Besides, Maugrim thinks with a slink of his eyes towards the foals, even if he didn’t leave with Levi’s body, the twins could be a great addition to his collection.
    m a u g r i m.

@[Levi]

*NOTE: this thread is happening in the past. Solace & Svedka are grown and gone, but a Levi and Maugrim battle is too fun to not continue!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: larger than the moon, my love for you; solace - by Maugrim - 11-09-2017, 05:37 PM