• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

isobell;
    Isobell
    i'll wait for inside the bottom of the deep blue sea
    His reassurance brings a small smile to her face as she attempts to be brave, to be strong, but she is uncertain and feared to be a disappointment. Nayl had worked many years for Nerine to thrive and the painted mare hopes to bring her the justice that she had bled for. "I hope so Castile." Her voice is hushed as she lifts her silver eyes to the sun and moon hues of his. Should the day happen (though she already knows it will) her brother better be at her side. He had been her first (and only friend) through foalhood and could not imagine ever taking important steps into adulthood without his reassuring gaze.

Small ears are forward as she listens for his reply to her question of his future. Of course Isobell wants to hear that he will stay in Nerine but his face clouds with consideration and there is too long of a pause that blooms a touch of hurt in her chest. She doesn't allow it to crease her features but the idea that he may have elsewhere to live manages to tug at her heart.."I understand." Her reply is meant to be light but her voice answers in a sigh. Isobell, unlike Castile, was woman born to the Iron Queen, her fate was sealed at birth but the laugh that soon follows from her brother's lips causes her to lift her eyes to him with a questioning grin.

Isobell can not help but laugh at the mentioning of the three of them all ruling seperate lands. In fact, it makes the mare laugh rather heartily, jostling her brother's chin along with it. "Well from what I heard Ivar has already beaten us to the throne-," She chuckles with a teasing eye, "we had better step it up then, hm?" The mare laughs again but more gently this time. Their childhood dreams seemed to be taking shape much more vividly than she could have ever anticipated...could his prediction be closer to the truth than any of them realized? The tug of her mane makes her smile as he reassures that he will never be too far. "I don't know what I would do without you, Castile." Her voice is distant and airy as she follows his gaze to the horizon. "So tell your women I have every intention of meeting them." A single mercury eye is flicked sideways to him as though she knew of something but truthfully she did not. Isobell did know it wouldn't be long before he had his mare or mares of choice, he was a handsome creation, carved perfectly from ivory and jet and very much like their dragon father. Isobell fully intends to make good on her (playful) threat just as Castile did as well the day she chose her man.

Messages In This Thread
    isobell; - by Castile - 10-19-2017, 09:09 PM
    RE: isobell; - by Isobell - 10-20-2017, 01:09 PM
    RE: isobell; - by Castile - 10-26-2017, 12:10 PM
    RE: isobell; - by Isobell - 10-30-2017, 10:13 AM
    RE: isobell; - by Castile - 11-03-2017, 03:46 PM
    RE: isobell; - by Isobell - 11-03-2017, 10:25 PM