• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

larger than the moon, my love for you; solace

Solace

Father is always well.
    Her eyes narrow slightly as her twin answers her question flippantly. He had never been able to read their father the way she could, his answer doesn't bring her much closer to the truth. But his second statement only elicits an exaggerated eye roll from the young mare. She often found, when Svedka was in such a mood as he was now, that no amount of chiding could make an impression. So she only shakes her head and smiles, too happy to have him back to convincingly feign displeasure.

She can tell she is losing his attention as she begins to explain her new duties, and she pauses for the question she can see poised on his lips. 

That means I live here too now?

Suddenly her heart in her throat, and it is as if a boulder has rolled off of her back - a weight she hadn't even realized she was carrying. "Oh, Svedka!" Is all she can manage before she is again bringing her chest to his shoulder and draping her slim neck over his withers.  She presses her pale muzzle into the tangle of his sun-bleached mane, inhaling the wild scents intertwined with the white and indigo strands. The feather their mother had placed there rests across her brow, but for once she doesn't mind its presence. 

With a happy sigh, she withdraws from the embrace to meet his blazing eyes. "I really think you could be happy here. The land is large and wild, there is much that even I haven't been able to explore yet."

As an idea crosses her mind, the young mare grins in a way that is quite different from her usual mild smile. She remembers Keeper - the strange mare who had been charming and easy-going despite her unusual circumstances. 

"...and anyway, there is someone I want to introduce you to." 

you are my sunshine

@[Svedka]
    If you don't mind moving on we can start the updated thread Smile
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    RE: larger than the moon, my love for you; solace - by Solace - 11-26-2017, 02:54 PM