• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  devil gonna follow me e'er I go || warrick
    like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    The stallion struggles to keep his composure, to become truly the Overseer he is expected to be and to remain a facade of strength and regality that comes with the title, but the reality of the situation consumes him, and his heart cries out for sadness, distraught clear and overbearing on the darkened features of his face. There are few in his life that understand him so fully and intricately as the golden and white woman before him does, and it pains him to see her leave him - it is a severing that he prays can somehow be avoided, even in this moment as she stands before him and bids him a final goodbye.

She had been a beacon to him since as long as he can remember, and now he will be forced to create his own light, to trust in his own instincts without her constant guidance and encouragement. He does not blame her for wanting to leave the tepid country, to search for a land anew with her partner, to leave behind the memories and pain that lingers within every volcanic spyre and ocean wave - he could never blame her for that, nor could he hold resentment for her fulfilling the desires of her heart. Warrick’s Tephra is painted in a different light, vastly different than Ellyse’s Tephra - where his home holds the hope of prosperity and growth, hers only serves as a reminder to what has been lost, and to what she has lost.

Warrick will not make it harder for her to leave than it already is.

He won’t add to the difficulty that trails in the edges of her voice, or the reluctance that resounds within the necessity of her departure, though he will not brush away the sorrow that hangs above them, despite the brilliant sunshine that now bores down on them. Warrick feels a slight relief when a simper of a laugh reverberates within her parted lips, her breath warm and even on his russet skin, savoring the velveteen of her ivory feathers as their softly preened touch intermingles with his own, relishing the moment and storing it in his mind for when he may need to retrieve it, on a day where he finds himself weak and unfit for the crown.

“Ellyse,” he speaks her name solemnly, fervently, as if it is the last time he will hear it come from his own lips.  “I cherish your friendship more than I can begin to explain - I will always consider you as family.” He pauses, the tightness of his lips that had once pulled into a frown now releasing as a tiny hint of a smile finds him, and though his cobalt eyes shine with unshed tears, they sparkle with adoration. “I love you too, dear friend.”

“Go in peace,” he says, pressing his russet forehead against her own, inhaling deeply the scent of her and closing his eyes momentarily. “May we meet again.”

He falls silent as he awaits to hear her wings as they outstretch and take to the skies.
    Warrick

@[Ellyse] DDDD:

Messages In This Thread
    devil gonna follow me e'er I go || warrick - by Ellyse - 12-13-2017, 11:07 AM
    RE: devil gonna follow me e'er I go || warrick - by Ellyse - 12-27-2017, 08:03 PM
    RE: devil gonna follow me e'er I go || warrick - by Ellyse - 12-28-2017, 11:28 AM
    RE: devil gonna follow me e'er I go || warrick - by Warrick - 12-28-2017, 01:26 PM