• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I sold my soul for this ~ Diplomatic [Lepis/ANY]

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there...
    dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before...
    Loving with a love that was more than love
    - Edgar Allen Poe
    The cold season will be coming upon them soon, and Nerine’s inhabitants will migrate inland; huddling in the heart of the kingdom to avoid the beaches and the storms that brew just off the coast. If she wants to get out to the other kingdoms now is the time to do so, before the trek becomes to treacherous for those accompanying her on these visits. She personally doesn’t give a rats ass about the weather, but she won’t put anyone else at unnecessary risk. It’s early dawn when she sets off down the presently well-worn trail. Hestia snorts at the thought of this being well-worn, she could have sworn that it was yesterday that the land had no signs of life gashing its way through the land. It just goes to show how busy the residents of Beqanna have been as of late, to have a chance to create this so early on in the lands rebirth.

Choosing to veer closer to the coast the sun crawls across her barrel pleasantly keeping her warm. One of the few benefits of traveling this early in the morning. The smell of dew and gentle chirping of birds keep her aware of the progression of time as she leisurely strolls out of her borders. It takes her most of the morning to get to Loess, and when she arrives the sun is just starting to get to that uncomfortable place of too much heat and not enough shade. Crossing the river isn’t all that pleasant, never one to enjoy getting wet it takes her a few minutes longer than most as she fusses over picking her way through. Once that is done though it only takes her a few more minutes to reach the place where the trail she travels crosses that of a patrol’s path. She stops here, waiting for someone to stumble across the new comer. They will, any kingdom worth their merit never allows anyone to breach so easily.

The black mare knows the usual behaviors that accompanies official kingdom visitors. However, she’s never been one to yell out and call attention to herself, when avoidable, so Hestia does, what Hestia does best. She waits. The black hag is fully aware that it could be hours before someone takes notice, and in a way, she is secretly hoping for this to be the case. Anytime she is allowed a rest she steals it for herself knowing the amount of work she must do is going to take all the energy she has. It’s most likely that someone will come across her snoozing, but there is always the off chance that they catch her taking a midday snack. Something she never likes letting anyone see/watch, but it’s a little difficult to keep your complete dignity in these kinds of situations. Sometimes there are slip ups.

Hestia
    ©Photo by Stanislav Istratov

@[Volcan]
    @[Lepis]
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    I sold my soul for this ~ Diplomatic [Lepis/ANY] - by Hestia - 02-16-2018, 02:33 AM