• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I won't let you go; any
    we are crooked souls trying to stay up straight
    Warrick’s blue gaze flickers to the volcano above them as she mentions it, admiring the warm stone and earth that surrounds them. He chuckles softly to himself, a simple hum in his throat, at the thought. He had never seen it erupt to the point where lava took the country by force, but the volcano spews and drips the molten magma slowly and effortlessly - a constant reminder of the power brewing beneath the surface. “Not in my time,” he tells her honestly, looking up to the volcano for a few moments more before lowering his gaze to hers, wondering if perhaps he had just brought concern to their eyes. “But I’ve been told it hasn’t erupted since its creation.” He offers them a warm smile. The bay stallion had never found reason to live in fear of the volcano’s power and what could be an uncontrollable tragedy, but the warning rumbles and moans from the deep, molten rock would surely give them time to escape before it would engulf them.

Dagny quickly muses on towards something else, though Warrick does not mind the change in conversation. He rather enjoys skipping back and forth while conversing and easily keeps up with the swift change. His gaze flickers to her as she comments on his title, one side of his mouth twitching upwards into a smile. “Then call me king,” he responds with a tip of his chin upwards, warmth in his cerulean eyes. “though it is only a title - I don’t find myself to be a king in royalty or in power.” His face is thoughtful, thinking of what normally comes to mind when the word ‘king’ is spoken - he is surely none of those adjectives that are fabricated from the single word, and he quietly hopes that despite this, he will still be able to keep Tephra safe, protected, and growing. The title of Overseer did sound rather grim, he silently agrees, but the title had come with a face - Offspring’s - and Warrick couldn’t bear to take away what the great black stallion had created for Tephra, even though he uses the title of Overseer loosely.

“Shall we descend together?” he asks them both suddenly. The small group is not far up the volcano’s side, but enough that there is a slight slope towards inland - where grassland sways golden in the winter’s wind that has grown warm in Tephra’s temperatures, and where streams run hot in rivulets through it.
    Warrick

@[Dagny and Olivier] sorry for the wait <3

Messages In This Thread
    I won't let you go; any - by Dagny and Olivier - 02-23-2018, 01:10 PM
    RE: I won't let you go; any - by Warrick - 02-24-2018, 10:47 AM
    RE: I won't let you go; any - by Warrick - 03-03-2018, 10:44 AM
    RE: I won't let you go; any - by Warrick - 04-04-2018, 03:16 PM