• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; Solace & Kagerus
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    Brennen is not immune to the feeling that the women are experiencing, a comfort level that has been rare in his life recently. It’s not the old-friendship ease he shares with Scorch, with whom he’s recently reconnected, but it’s nice. He had forgotten that as much as he enjoys relative solitude, once upon a time he also had a network of friends outside of the Tundra. Perhaps, given time and patience, he might find that here. He does like Solace and Kagerus, at least so far. It’s worth keeping in the back of his mind, with the other ideas brewing there.

Kagerus thanks him for his ideas, and Brennen nods with a small smile. “Any time,” is all he says though, because explaining his complicated feelings about Hyaline is a little much for this first meeting of potential new friends, and anyway the painted mare is making her goodbyes. He suddenly remembers she’s pregnant, and eyes her belly just a bit warily (pregnant women are always a mystery, most especially to long-time bachelors like Brennen), and so is taken by surprise when she flirts back again, brushing her muzzle against his shoulder. His mouth drops open for just a second of shock, surprise in his bright eyes, and then he laughs out loud at himself as she walks again, admiring her as she goes.

That leaves him to walk beside Solace, and he is pleased to do so, and just as pleased to stop and watch the very first tendrils of sunset alongside her. Battle is a serious business but they are also right in that it is a passion for him, and he is always glad to share and to teach, even amongst those who are not his own.
    Though in a way, Hyaline will always be partially Brennen’s, as long as it is the place Solace envisions it to be. Still, it is a heavy subject and it’s nice to ease back into other topics. “I have a child due myself, any day now,” he says, thinking briefly of Kagerus and her quite full belly again, but it’s quickly replaced in his mind with a gently smiling Galilee. This is the first time they’ve shared a residence when she was bringing one of their children into the world, and he wants to be there. So often, he doesn’t get to witness his children’s births or first few hours; even first days or weeks. But Galilee is quite sure it won’t be today, or he wouldn’t have come today. “So I should probably not stay the night. But I am never opposed to a nice moonlit flight, so I have a couple more hours.”

Honey-brown eyes slowly pan the horizon he can see, and he doesn’t laugh but he quirks a quick half-smile in her direction. “Everything changes, over time. And I was never a true resident here. I lived in Nerine, I was just here a lot during the days to help Amet. I am sure you know Hyaline better than I.” Still, he had done a little bit of exploring. “I think my favorite thing as always how clear the water is, and how still. You can see every rock, and every plant, and every fish. Though, it’s terribly cold.”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Solace & Kagerus - by Brennen - 03-21-2018, 07:12 PM