• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Boy of Fire [Dagny and Olivier]
    Phoebus

He finds himself enjoying the time the three of them are spending together. Growing up in Tephra, it was only him and Mom. Children (friends) were never really around, and he had just grown used to it being him, Aurora, and sometimes Diable Rouge.

He’d met Porcia and Solace on his journeys, but that never amounted to much. He was excited to see what these two held for him, where they could bring him, what sights they could show him.

But he was getting ahead of himself. Phoebus answers Dagny’s questions (well, the ones he knew), and then Olivier pipes up. Phoebus smiles at the usually quiet man, even though the question tears at his heart a little. He’d always wondered why his parents hadn’t had any other children. Why it was only just him. Part of him resented his parents for leaving him without siblings (who did he have to confide in, who did he have to protect?). He also wondered why they up and left, when they said they’d be here upon his return.

But he figures adults have weird reasons for the things they do, and maybe it was best to just leave it at that.

“No…I don’t know where my mom and dad went. They weren’t here when I came back,” He answers sheepishly, trying to hide how this hurts him. “And I have no siblings...or cousins...or…” Anyone. He really didn’t have anyone now, did he?

Emotions boil at the surface just as they approach their destination. He can hardly hear what Dagny is saying.

Why did they leave? Why weren’t they here? Why doesn’t he have anyone? Flames brim and poke at his skin, and suddenly he’s engulfed. He couldn’t control his emotions now, so how was he going to control his fire?

As his tears fall, he finds himself inching closer to where the magma pools out. The wetness of his tears reaches the heat of his flames with a sssssss. Smoke sizzles in front of his eyes. Oh how embarrassing...oh how they’d never want to see him again.

Boy of Fire

@[dagny and olivier] this took a weird turn. Lmfao.

Messages In This Thread
    Boy of Fire [Dagny and Olivier] - by Phoebus - 03-21-2018, 09:44 PM
    RE: Boy of Fire [Dagny and Olivier] - by Phoebus - 04-05-2018, 07:27 PM
    RE: Boy of Fire [Dagny and Olivier] - by Phoebus - 04-17-2018, 05:52 PM
    RE: Boy of Fire [Dagny and Olivier] - by Phoebus - 05-06-2018, 08:23 PM