• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Blood is Thicker than Water [Kwartz, Any]
    I've been a fool all my life, Kwartz. You're the only thing I don't regret. That's why you have to go with them

He'd fought, he'd cried, but she remained stoic. Mother, his mother was pushing him away. Maybe she had good reasons, maybe he really would be more safe with his relatives. But he wanted his mother. It had been the two of them against ghee world for so long. Why was she changing that? Why was she making him go? And then the heavier blow had been swung, knocking the air from him. 

"You are my strength and my Light, baby, and i can't let you get hurt any more. Go Kwartz. Go with your father. He'll take care of you while I can't." His father? Mother's sad blue eyes had followed the purple stallions departing figure, and the pied colt finally saw the truth for what it was. She had been lying, all along. He hadn't fought, after that. Now he stood here, surrounded and alone, the only home he knew being invaded by the darkest souls. And she'd let it happen. 

Karat, his half sister, tried to reassure him. He shrugged the words off silently. Staring straight ahead he marched with the group, not saying a word once they left the bounds of what had once been his kingdom. And now they were looking into a new land, hoping for a kind welcome in their time of need. Kromium's joke about the volcano fell flat on his ears, anf he wished desperately that he could fly away from here. He'd find mother and make her explain things properly. The throbbing in his damaged wing dictated otherwise. It would be several weeks until he was fit to fly, just another stone added to the weight in the list boy's stomach. He almost welcomes it when Karat's gave falls, and she finally realizes just how screwed they are. "Finally got there, have you?" He asked bitterly. Misery loves company. 

@[Kromium~Karat]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Blood is Thicker than Water [Kwartz, Any] - by Kwartz - 04-13-2018, 09:44 PM
    RE: Blood is Thicker than Water [Kwartz, Any] - by Krone - 04-14-2018, 04:43 PM