• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; Solace/Kagerus/Jesper/Any
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    It takes longer to get to Hyaline on foot, but Brennen is not impatient. Rather, he is pleased for the opportunity to spend a few private moments with his grandson that he doesn’t have to carve out of his schedule elsewise. It’s easy to lose the adult children and grandchildren in the hustle and bustle, especially with four true youngsters to look after, his own three plus a grandson dropped on his doorstep only just as the mutiny had been completed. He hasn’t had a chance to ask Jesper more than the most basic questions about his travels before he had settled in the ill-fated Sylva, but he takes the time while they travel to ask just those questions and listen attentively to the answers.

All too soon, though, they arrive at the borders of Hyaline, and Brennen pauses to call out the prerequisite polite greeting before leading Jesper towards the interior of the Kingdom, walking at a leisurely pace that makes it very clear that they’re not any sort of threat. It’s all a rather abrupt departure from his usual manner of simply showing up, his distinct silhouette on the horizon all the warning he usual gives before landing in his favorite spot near the lake. If he were along he might have still come that way, but then again, with as tense as the whole world is, he might still have taken the more conventional route.

The last thing he needs is to spook someone who doesn’t know him by accident, and start an Incident. “Did you ever come here?” he asks Jesper as they reach the lake, with the mountain reflected perfectly on its crystalline surface. Some tension that he wasn’t aware he was carrying eases from his shoulders, rustling his wings nearly imperceptibly, a reflection of the peaceful atmosphere that Hyaline has under Solace’s reign. “I like Hyaline,” he confides in his grandson while they wait for someone to join them; “I had a hoof in its beginnings, and I approve of the direction Solace is taking the Kingdom.”

Perhaps a perfect King would be impartial when considering potential allies and treaties, but Brennen has never really understood how anyone can be truly impartial unless they don’t care for anyone or anything. If Hyaline is this era’s Dazzling Waterfalls, his affection for them will remain, even before the consideration of their shared history.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

@[Jesper] @[Solace] @[Kagerus]

Messages In This Thread
    hold me in this wild, wild world; Solace/Kagerus/Jesper/Any - by Brennen - 04-18-2018, 10:01 PM