• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Be the Anchor [Svedka]

Beqanna was not the same. 

In my earlier years, I’d found peace in coming back to the same cavern on the eastern edge of Loess, with the same parents, and my beloved sister. I knew I’d never be alone, and I knew that my home was at peace with all the other kingdoms. I enjoyed these facts...they were comfortable

It changed in an instant. I guess time does that to things; nothing is set in stone, no matter how much I wish it to be. Lepis gave her crown to Arthas, and suddenly Dad was telling me and my younger siblings (Deiti was long gone by now...god how I missed my twin) that they needed sanctuary. Why? I had wondered, fighting back the tears as Imperial drug me from the cove, from my home. He’d always been so protective;I don’t know if I’ll ever quite forgive him for that. 

Hyaline isn’t much different from Loess, and I’ve grown used to it for the most part. Winters were still cold and summers comfortable. Flowers bloomed in gorgeous variations of colors in the spring. Demi and Embassy were raised in a cave not so different from the one I’d been brought up in, and I enjoyed watching my siblings grow (I wish Deiti was here to see them too…). 

But I was growing restless. I had no friends, I had no life save for the one my parents had bestowed on me once my twin had left (maybe this was payback for my own absence...except I didn’t leave her with two children and a mentally unstable mother to go along with it). I was a grown woman, without much to show for it - I had no lovers, no gentle caress of another grazing my skin. I longed for it, if I’m being honest. I craved it. 

The middle of winter had changed the scenery around me. The crystalline lake froze over, hardening enough for me to walk across if I so pleased. The large wisteria in the heart of Hyaline has shed its beautiful plumes of purple buds, and today I find myself relaxing under it. Mom tells me I’ve grown into a gorgeous mare - long creamy tresses fall in waves down the length of my neck, landing at my knees. My golden coat is shimmery and my crimson eyes are soft, rather than angry. I don’t know if I believe her though.

I don’t know if I’ll believe anyone.
    Embark

This is blah but I tried. Lmfao. 
    @[Svedka]

Messages In This Thread
    Be the Anchor [Svedka] - by Embark - 05-08-2018, 05:23 PM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Svedka] - by Svedka - 05-08-2018, 07:12 PM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Svedka] - by Embark - 05-09-2018, 05:27 AM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Svedka] - by Svedka - 05-09-2018, 06:33 PM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Svedka] - by Embark - 05-10-2018, 04:28 AM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Svedka] - by Svedka - 05-11-2018, 06:35 PM