• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost to these linens / diplomatic visit

kagerus
    as dreams are to the sleeper, so am I to you
    The mare to first offer an explanation of their appearance is the leopard mare whose name I don't immediately know. Breckin, she introduces herself, stating also her placement in Nerine's diplomatic caste. I nod at this appreciatively, but upon the mention of news, a soft snort billows from my nostrils and my ears perk eagerly. Looking from one mare to another, I wonder who it will be who delivers this news - but I do not have to wait long to find out.

Wishbone, the wired-up little creature whom I'd met about a year ago, steps forward. My eyes twinkle slightly as I consider her, remembering all her bubbling questions and how a simple answer would never satisfy her. She seems to have settled down now, her demeanor evolving into one of composure and authority. I smile my thanks to her congratulations, wondering what exactly brought about this paradigm shift; but again, I do not have to wait long to find out.

Hestia's dead, Scorch is on the throne, and Wishbone's the heir - my head reels slightly with this bombardment of information, but I keep my face impassive and remain mostly still as she delivers this news. The girl-gone-woman finishes her spiel with a statement of hope in regards to our kingdom's relationship, and at this I shine a smile of agreement; but it fades slightly as I move on to address the whole of what she's said.

"I am very sorry for your loss," comes my lyrical murmur as my nutmeg eyes scan from Wishbone to Tahti to Breckin. My stomach twists painfully to remember the black hag, and the exactness of our relationship; y'know, bringing a demon into the world, seeing her most vulnerable thoughts, etcetera. My lips twitch as I remember that she still owed me a favour - but I use the twitch to form other words, pushing aside that realization. "I knew Queen Hestia well, and she was a good monarch. I trust that this Scorch will lead you well, in her wake."

"And although I do not know this Scorch personally, if she has placed you as heir, Wishbone, then we will assuredly remain allies during this change." I look to the bay girl directly now. "We are also allied to Tephra and Ischia - making us a strong unit to defend against the oncoming darkness."

"But in lighter news - I look forward to your coronation, and I will absolutely be telling your sister, Queen Solace. She will be ecstatic."

Taking a step back, I pivot my body invitingly, creating an opening for the three women to cross into Hyaline. "Please, feel free to stay for as long as you'd like. Tähti, I'm sure that Ilma is about and would love to see you." I smile towards the greying girl, noting her choice to stay silent during this exchange. Not much one for words, apparently. Then, my eyes go to the leopard mare. "And you may explore as you wish too, Breckin. There are many to meet here in Hyaline; I hope they make good company for you."

"And thank you, for bringing news."

Smiling, I allow them to come or go as they please, gently fading into the background as the diplomatic visit dissolves.

@[Wishbone] @[Tähti] @[Breckin] I wrapped it up since most everything that needed to be said was said Smile feel free to have some threads in hyaline if you want!
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lost to these linens / diplomatic visit - by Kagerus - 05-28-2018, 12:21 PM