• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a warning sign - anyone
    I V A R
    promising everything i do not mean
    Her hide feels strange beneath his inquisitive touch, neither hair nor scales. Ivar presses at it curiously, feeling the warmth against his cool nose, and then glances back to meet Ichor's gaze. She is watching him too, Ivar finds, quiet and still as she allows him to inspect her without complaint. Ivar does like that - when women are meek and willing - and he smiles contentedly before drifting to the surface.

The yellow flowers are just out of reach from the water. The kelpie stretches, but realizes he must climb onto the bank to reach them, and does so. It is easy enough to snap through a branch with a few flowers on it, and Ivar holds it carefully in his sharp teeth. The kelpie dangles it over the water and Ichor, smiling around the sour-tasting greenery.

"Come and get it," he teases, his voice muffled.

Ivar doesn't understand the appeal of the flowers, they seem small and unappealing. Of course, the kelpie has a long-rooted distrust of flowers in general, borne from an unfortunate incident with a hibiscus in childhood. Ichor would probably like those flowers, he thinks, with their bright petals in a rainbow of colors.

I know my lies could not make you believe
    in my dark times, baby this is all I could be
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign - anyone - by Ivar - 06-08-2018, 08:15 AM