• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Dangerous Business -[Rey]

Rey

-Black cat in disguise-

I’m not accustomed to others screaming at me.

Maybe screaming with me. But never at me, so I don’t feel the need to turn any part of my body back in the direction it came from - no matter who was doing the shouting. If they wanted me (and they always wanted me,) then they’d come and get me.

This one’s pretty quick about it, and I’m thankful for that because I’m obviously trying to get away to somewhere else. He trots up alongside me - stout, gray thing that he is - and then he asks me a question.

“NO,” I want to say, but think to myself instead,“obviously I’ve not been here the whole time or else you’d have seen me.” This seems like common knowledge, and it also seems like common knowledge that clearly I’m not this ‘Dacia’ he keeps screaming at me. My evergreen lips purse slightly, giving me the perfect go-to-hell look without being hideous and I’m about to pop off to this space-invading brute when *finally* he comes to his senses.

The apology is a nice start; nice enough to smooth my face into a slate marble of perfection. He call himself Arthas and I consider the name for a moment, my steps faltering so that we don’t go quite as fast as before. “Hmmh, I get that a lot.” I purr, allowing my skin to change. The dark, near-black strands of my mane and tail bleach to lavender, then my coat switches from ombre green to royal purple. “It’s the yelling I don’t get.”

“I’m Rey.” I finally give in, after we go another step or two, “Do you always shout at mares to get their attention?” My wit cracks, followed quickly by the sound of my high, easy laugh.

@[Arthas]

Messages In This Thread
    Dangerous Business -[Rey] - by Arthas - 06-02-2018, 07:20 PM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Rey] - by Rey - 06-02-2018, 09:36 PM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Rey] - by Arthas - 06-03-2018, 07:01 PM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Rey] - by Rey - 06-06-2018, 11:13 AM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Rey] - by Arthas - 06-06-2018, 06:35 PM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Rey] - by Rey - 06-19-2018, 01:51 PM