• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Crevan

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    It has been a year since the last time I returned to my original dwelling place in post-Reckoning Beqanna. I am thinking upon it this evening as I stand next to Solace, enjoying her company in sweet silence as we consider the beauty of Hyaline's landscape. Atop my head, new antlers sit, a prize for having competed in the Alliance; occasionally I catch the way Solace sneaks looks at them, cerulean eyes glinting curiously. I resist the urge to play fight her, instead leaning over to plant a wordless kiss to the flat of her skull. Although we discuss all things as a unit, sometimes we are as silent as mutes: tied together by a force that transcends language, that exists between us without any maintenance required.

Eventually, however, I do speak; telling her of my plans for this night. She looks at me with deep seated trust, a smile gently curving the soft folds of her lips. Okay, she agrees. But be safe.

Sighing contentedly, I drape my neck over her whithers, closing my eyes as sleep beckons. Her figure against mine is warm and familiar, harbouring the potential for life in a way I've never considered until this fall. With the image and hope of a family dangling temptingly just behind the veil of my eyelids, I drift softly to sleep, at peace with my station and more so, with my love.

--

Some time later, however, I awaken elsewhere. The burbling of the river guides my steps as I meander closer, eyes scanning the moonlit trees for the face of another shadow-goer. Across my skin, clouded leopard markings glimmer subtly. And the antlers - multi-pronged and majestic - almost glow atop my skull, their weight still new to me though I carry my head all the higher for their presence.

Thus far uninterrupted, I slip into the river, halting as I find myself knee deep.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Out with the golden we sew // Crevan - by Kagerus - 06-20-2018, 03:55 PM