• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Hold me in this wild, wild world: ALL + activity check
    Nearly as soon as the other leaders have dispersed, Brennen moves towards the interior of Ischia and calls to gather his people - all of his people. He’s begun to embrace the idea, mentally, of their half-in half-our residents. He isn’t ready - and he doesn’t believe the other Brothers are ready - to accord them full membership to the Krakens unless they are willing to swear the same oaths of allegiance as the rest of the Brothers, but he still feels the need to protect them and include them; he wants them to join this gathering to discuss the state of the world around them.

He stands quietly and waits as they gather, offering greetings to those he knows and nods to any he does, making note of any new faces who will need his attention later. Brennen has been somewhat preoccupied, but he believes they will understand at least somewhat his state of mind when they know all of what has been happening around them, and to others who call Ischia their home. To others who wish to peaceably call Beqanna their home. His grief is overwhelming, but he has fought it down to continue to lead Ischia forward.

When it seems that most of those who will come have gathered, and they settle around him with the towering jungle trees above them, Brennen begins. “My friends,” he says and then adds with a crooked smile, “and family. Times are dark.” There - his voice is usually solemn, often flat, but there is something that speaks to his fury and the bottomless depths of his despair over the loss of two of their own, his own; “Many of you have seen and spoken to Jesper since his return to us; he brings news of the depths of depravity and evil brewing in Sylva, where he was held hostage and tortured. Our former Keeper Krone, then a resident of Tephra, was murdered in their custody. A stallion has murdered two of my own daughters, residents of Ischia on a jaunt through the common lands, as a way to prove his worthiness to join their evil cause. Khaeli was not even a year old.”

He has to stop - even the Ice King can’t announce the death of two of his daughters, in cold blood, and simply continue on. Honey-brown eyes flicker shut and he stands silent for a moment, the ground beneath him becoming covered in frost and his hooves beginning to freeze as well as his new magic flows through him; he would never have lost control of his old powers but the magic is new and different, and his strong emotions seem to make it harder to control himself. When he opens his eyes again, his gaze seeks each of them in turn, and there is much to be found there. Anger, yes, and the sadness, but also a determination. This will not ruin them, nor will it bring him to his knees. “I have met with the leaders of Tephra, Hyaline, and Nerine and we will not allow this to stand. We will be raiding Sylva soon, and at the very least removing all children from their care and relocating them with foster families in one of our four Kingdoms. I will not force any resident of Ischia to go to war, but I would request that any who are able to do so stand beside our many sisters and brothers and against these people who want nothing more than to rape, and murder, and terrorize.”

Another pause, though his voice has grown stronger. When he can distance himself from the overwhelming grief, he is more himself. It is in the embrace of his mate and his family that he falls apart, especially during the long sleepless nights. “Ischia and it’s residents are safe for a year, no matter what; I was victorious in the Alliance at that comes with protection for the land and her residents along with giving me more magical gifts with which to protect all of you.” He worries, somewhere in the back of his mind, about retaliation against their allies who have no such protection, but they will jump that hurdle when they come to it. “Despite the chaos of the outside world, many of you have gone on to prove yourselves time and again. I will recognize most of you in the days to come when things are more settled, but for now I have one major announcement: for acts above and beyond the expected, I have chosen two amongst the Krakens to stand beside me as my heirs. Belgaer,” he turns to his son first, waiting for the chestnut Appaloosa to come forward to join him if he is not already beside his father, “and Jesper.” Similarly, he waits for Jesper.

“And you, my friends? What are your thoughts, and concerns, and troubles?” He looks to all of them, then; he has served under good Kings and bad Kings and great Kings, and he always strives to be at least the first, if not the third.

OOC:
    -This is an activity check. Even if you can't respond IC, please make sure you respond that your character is here and what position/caste/tasks they are interested in. More promotions are going to be made, so keep an eye out!
    -Please respond at least OOC for the activity check by next Tuesday the 10th
    -We're going to war!ish probably sometime soonish so keep an eye out for other stuff about that as well Wink
    -I know I owe a majillion posts, I might finally be getting my life together so feel free to gently remind me if I'm supposed to be or you'd like to thread with Brennen, a PM would be best
    -PM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Messages In This Thread
    Hold me in this wild, wild world: ALL + activity check - by Brennen - 07-03-2018, 03:02 PM