• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Summer School - introductions and history
    [Image: chalkboard_words_summer_school_with_drawings_of_sun.jpg]

Introduction&History

Welcome to your first class of the summer period. I see that some of you were more creative than others in your signups, so I'd like to get to know you further than just that. Oh, and Zain, I am keeping a special eye on you.

History is your very first class, and, since it's your first, we will be going over the subject in a more creative manner. You're to write a small essay (400-500 words, 10% above or below is allowed) in which you describe a piece of history like you were there. You can't be someone important if you want to describe the facts, but let's say you were watching without influencing.

To make it less easy to peek at what another wrote, you'll be divided into couples, each of which gets a different assignment. You will not be graded according to your partner, but the chances of copying will be smaller. I expect a certain manner of creativity from you, my students. And of course, try to steer clear from typos and grammar mistakes.

@[Lucrezia] and @[Sitra]
    A few years before Beqanna celebrated its first century, a queen died of a disease.
    Include her name, kingdom, successor(s) and the BQ year in your essay. Imagine which disease could have killed her, and write it like you were there. Include your own personality and how you would have reacted, if you were a member of that kingdom.

@[Hephaestus] and @[Zain]
    After the Catastrophe, several attempts to revive the bachelor kingdom failed, leading the population to think the bachelors were cursed. Include the number of times this was attempted, the names of these leaders, the BQ time period in which these attempts occurred and where they tried to restore their bachelor kingdoms in your essay. Describe the attempts like you were there. Include your own personality and how you would have reacted, if you were an aspiring member of the bachelors.

@[Breckin] and @[Pond]
    Lepis is not the first newborn filly to have been put upon a kingdom throne. Give an indication of the BQ year, the name of the filly, the kingdom and its previous ruler, and other significant kingdom members and events surrounding the kingdom’s succession at the time. Describe the event like you were there. Include your own personality and how you would have reacted, had you been a kingdom member at the time.

Bonus question: Name the three breeds of Iberian type that are NOT Spanish in origin.

*You're yourself, a Beqannan horse, unless otherwise specified. How do you get your intel? You're allowed to go outside of class, as long as you return on time. This part of the quest does not need to take up essay 'space' or word count. Same goes for the bonus question.
    *Word count total of your essay, should be between 400-500, give or take 10%.
    *Your assignment is due next Sunday, July 22nd, 23:59 (BQ board time).
    *You've been divided into groups to prevent me having to read 6 similar essays ;), but your grading will be personal.
    *No extensions. Please notify Tir if you need to drop out. This is not a knockout quest, so you're expected to complete all three classes if you want to graduate from this summer school.
    *Any questions about your assignments, PM Tir.

Messages In This Thread
    Summer School - introductions and history - by Tir - the teacher - 07-16-2018, 02:11 AM