• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

mushrooms and moonlight; clayton - any
    Stallion and grizzly sow faced one another. The bear flexed a big paw experimentally as neither took their eyes off the other. A growl began in her throat before rumbling out of her mouth and the stallion answered with a menacing toss of his horned head. 

“Keeper!” The stallion shouted to which the bear stopped mid-growl and blinked strangely. She sat back on her huge grizzled rump and all the fight went out of her as she recognized her father’s voice. “Dad?” It came out strangled from amidst all the sharp teeth in her predatory mouth.

The big bay stallion stomped a hoof and snorted, glad to finally have his wild daughter’s attention. He marched right up close to her and touched his muzzle to the tip of her snout before giving each of them their personal space back. “I need you to do me a favor,” he began before falling silent.

“Anything dad, you know that.” 
    He nodded, knowing the truth in what she said.
    “I need you to look after my newest son, your littlest brother, for me. His mother is no less wild then I am and neither of us are fit to raise him right now. Please, take him somewhere safe where he can grow up to be the best he can be.”

What could she say to that? It was such an earnest heartfelt plea that she couldn’t tell him no. So the grizzly promised and set off in search of this newest addition to their vast and varied family.

She found him soon enough. Showed him her pony-sized horse shape then shifted back into that of a grizzly to better protect him. It had become second nature being the bear. So much so that she almost preferred it to that other self. 

But it was so much easier to mother him in this shape. The sow had no desire to eat him. Only to cuddle and coddle though she also brought him up to be tough as they journeyed slowly but surely across the many lands just to get to this one. Hyaline has always been important to her in both bodies but the bear remembered good safe dens in the rocky mountain-face and that - more than anything else - was what she was in search of.

She grunted and lumbered along. Always looking back to make sure her baby ward followed though sometimes he skipped on ahead and who could blame him? This land was never less than breathtaking. Even she had to pause a moment, one big paw lifted before it slapped the ground and the bear moved on. She’s had to look at it - just that once to make sure it matched every memory she had. 

“Hyaline.” she tells him in a growly voice as she stops near the big blue jewel of a lake. 

@Clayton ❤️

Messages In This Thread
    mushrooms and moonlight; clayton - any - by keeper - 08-04-2018, 08:44 AM