• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  dancin' in the rain in my best dress, fearless [Leilan]

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    For one not wanting to inflate his ego, she does a pretty good job at checking him out; and doing just about that. But he knows where to stop gloating if he ever wants to get half a chance with her, so he doesn’t retort. In fact, he lowers his head and reaches out for her ear, emitting a playful snort that is bound to set her forelock dancing and tickle her near or in that very same ear. He retreats with a challenging grin on his face, though it is more of a warm smile when she says she doesn’t know about magic. ”Magic? Well, no, I really only do this stuff, nothing else I promise. You haven’t met a lot of other horses here then?” he concludes. To be honest, that might be better for him, she wouldn’t have liked him as much if she knew all his history, no doubt. But he’s never one to lay down an opportunity to get a lady to like him, because those distractoins are all he lives for at the moment.

But he hasn’t do much but be physically attractive and add a bit of humourous charm. She’s already knocked off her feet it seems. One side of him wants to exploit that, explore her body, he’s never seen a full blood Arabian mare - up close, like this - but common sense says that she is injured and he should not be taking advantage. She’s a damsel in distress, or something.

He remembers the other distressed damsels, Briseis being one, with their unintended but lovely daughter. Roseen being another, her lack of a certain self-image that had bene the main reason perhaps to draw him in. Can he help her feel better? Can she help him in return? That’s the deal they made that day, one promise he intends to keep.

Angel has an answer for him he doesn’t particularly like at first thought - Hyaline is where Briseis lives with the baby girl who is obviously his daughter - but sthen she mentions that she intends it to be, and since she is clearly not all down-to-earth any more and doesn’t mention meeting Briseis or Chryseis, he’ll take it. Whatever that may mean.

He grins when she returns the mockery. A match then, a thin one, but okay. This might work out in the end. Or not - this might end the very same way as every other fling or relationship (ahum, want to call it that?) he’s ever had with anyone. But so far so good, nothing to worry, give it time to grow.

He realizes she asked a question then, and thinks back on what she had been telling his subconscious rather than his consciousness. ”Hmm. A tough one....” he sticks out his tongue before continuing. ”Some sparring with my brothers, but mostly I’d say swimming. And checking out the girls from below when I do.” he jokes. See what she makes of that.
    "dear crow, your voice is right enough;
    but where are your wits?"
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Thalassa]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: dancin' in the rain in my best dress, fearless [Leilan] - by Leilan - 08-06-2018, 01:58 PM