• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // MARBLE

I kept my hope just like i'd hoped to
    then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue

Enough is enough! He'd listened and listened to Will ramble about her sleep overs in Tephra - enabled of course by her COMPLETELY unfair magic, the little brat - and now, now it's his turn to go have fun. Well, it would be fun eventually; but the beginning part has him feeling a little nervous. He'd have to cross the ocean for the first time - by wing of course - and none of his siblings have wings, so they can't join him, and since Mothers are having a fight right now, Solace can't come because she has to stay and watch Hyaline. Which he understands - of course he understands - but still, it's a big trip, and he's so little.

Well, not exactly true again. Him and Will and Koko are nearing six months of age, all of them ever more gangly with each new sunrise, and always squabling more and more and more until Mothers are so exhasperated, that they put them all to bed in different caves along the mountainside. Go figure! Even little Rhaegor has raised his voice once or twice in petty anger towards his siblings, though what he got in trouble for far more often was his bite. Oh, and for shooting his siblings with searing light beams. That is particularly frowned upon.

But anyway! He's not gotten into trouble yet today, and it's morning, and it's time to head out. He presses quick goodbye kisses to his triplet's cheeks, and then scurries to where Mother stands at the entrance of the cave. "Wish me luck on my flight mother!" Comes the boy's whispy, excited voice. Solace looks down distractedly, mind obviously snagged elsewhere; she murmurs something offbeat, lips lowering to toy absently with Rhae's forelock. Unsettled by this, the little pegasus pushes her off and stares her in the eyes, forcing her to pay attention. "She will be back soon mother. Okay? I love you." This time, Solace's smile is more sincere; and she wishes him a proper goodbye, watching with big, blue eyes as her middle child takes off towards the east.

The journey itself goes well, or well enough at least. For the first part, the little buckskin gleefully darts through low-hanging clouds, and laughingly chases behind flocks of geese as they migrate to the warmer of Beqanna's coast in light of the coming winter. By the time Ischia has fallen behind him though, Rhaegor's flying has taken on a more somber disposition. He's realized that he'll have to reserve his energy if he wants to actually explore Tephra upon arriving there, instead of just collapsing into a sleep so deep that Will would probably be there by the time he awoke, which would ruin everything. So, a little more slowly than he intended, Rhaegor makes his way to Tephra, eventually landing on its ashy western beach.

Feeling a bit like an imposter, Rhae tucks his wings quickly to his side, and skitters closer to the forest. A grumble from his stomach overrides any plans he'd had of hiding, and as he reaches the grass, he leans down as if to snatch a bite for the ride...  But then, without meaning to, he's suddenly grazing Tephra's field as if he owns the place.

Rhaegor
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    I kept my hope just like I hoped to // MARBLE - by Rhaegor - 08-23-2018, 09:44 PM