• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // MARBLE

I kept my hope just like i'd hoped to
    then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue

As fatigue seeps into his youthful muscles, the little buckskin allows his mood to shift from jovial and adventurous to calm and thoughtful. The Tephran grass tastes different in his mouth than Hyaline's, far less sweet but of far more substance than the mountainland's meager supply; his belly settles thankfully between his sides, satiated in the wake of his long journey.

Although the long green blades encompass the entirety of his sight, fatigue bids that Rhaegor slip into something of a reverie, a stream of consciousness that he doesn't dictate. Memories flash by, and memories that is to come: but when the visions build together into something soft and consistent, he frowns; concentrating on that which appears just behind his eyes.

The taste of the vision is angelic, or perhaps his breath is caught in the downy feathers of her wings: he can nearly trace their every fiber, hear the way the manipulate the air around them in effortless flight. It takes everything he has to tear his focus away from the pale golden appendages, the vision slowly expanding to include the rest of what may come to pass; she's landing next to him, wordless and ethereal, one so like minded to him that his silence is practically a choice, instead of a fact. The only sound is of their breathing - baited - and of her laughter.

But the truth is, he might not hear her laughter; but the truth is, he might not get so close.

He doesn't remember raising his head above the grasses to turn and watch her descension, but as his consciousness leaves his magic and returns to reality, he realizes that he's staring at her. Staring at her as she smiles at him, the expression as undeniably enigmatic and lovely as he'd dreamt it but moments before. Heat rises to the boy's face as she looks away, dropping her shapely head to graze as he had, and altogether too late, he clicks his slack-jawed teeth together; the veritable champion of composure in the wake of the angel's arrival.

Around his own barrel, the dark ash of his own wings (harder cut than hers but no less enchanting) flutter in the wind. He can't take his eyes off her.

She's far too beautiful to squander even a glance.

Rhaegor

@[Marble]

:|
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I kept my hope just like I hoped to // MARBLE - by Rhaegor - 09-11-2018, 01:47 AM