• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

squeeze me, I dare you [Heartfire]
    Ever since he can remember, his relationship with his sister has been volatile; maybe even toxic. Juice would have happily stayed within his mother's womb, leeching off of the free ride for as long as possible. But, Jager wanted out and, her brother was in the way of her freedom. It WAS a tad cramped with both of them in there, but the benefits of warmth, safety and food delivered to you like you were royalty far outweighed the crowding. Alas, Jager gave a convincing enough jab to the muscular wall of their protective bubble, and it was as if the big red button had been pushed. Their evacuation began and the light brown colt, with white splashes up his legs and face, slid forward. His exit tunnel narrowed quickly and so, he stretched his neck out and rested his chin upon the tops of his forelegs. Juice's front hooves felt the frigid temperature just beyond his dam's womb and he immediately tried to pump the brakes. It was no use. His lithe form was no match for the muscles around him.

Before long, his entire body had been expelled onto the damp ground. Juice found himself shivering uncontrollably as the world outside the womb was just as wet but, a whole lot colder. The wet fell upon his back and rump. It ran down his sides and clamped his scrawny, soot-colored mane to his thin neck. Each droplet fell from the smoke-hued vault above and clung to his body. It was as if the world was spitting on him. He attempted to gather his spindly stilts beneath him so he could get to some place dry and warm but, he could not coordinate them. Alas, he felt some warmth upon his trembling hide. His mother's breath blew across his cheek and then, her tongue was pulling away all of the mucus clinging to him. Slowly, Juice felt himself warming up. And then, Jager had to insist on interrupting his bath, with her arrival, right then and there.

While Jager was being tended to, Juice found his bearings and pulled himself upright. He wobbled towards his dam's flank and latched on. He suckled without an issue until his balance was thrown off by his sister body slamming into him. Lanky limbs wobble and form begins to topple against Lavendel's hindlegs. Juice scrambles to keep his feet under him but these appendages were too new. His left side meets the damp sod again and newborn grunts. Before their mother could console him, Juice is already up and nursing from the other side. From that moment on, Juice and Jager were constantly butting heads. His sister was always stealing the show; always vying for mom's attention. So, Juice learned to fend, and do, for himself.

As he stands amongst the shadows, a still lanky young male peers out. His glossy orbs are the color of the shadows and hide behind a sheet of ink-colored dreadlocks. His scraggly mane and tail are pitch black also. His bleached muzzle is kept out of the small sunbeam as he found that he burns easily. Juice is the color of freshly dug-up dirt along his topline and sides. His legs transition from mud-brown to white as if he had jumped into a bleach puddle and the splashed liquid removed any color from where it touched. His undercarriage, too, is speckled with brown against a hueless base. Juice rather liked the shadows. He chose to stalk silently amongst their tendrils. Since leaving his mother's side, Juice kept to himself as he knew that life best. Quite simply, he knew what to expect from himself. If alone, no one else could disappoint him or, harm him. His dam spoke highly of their father and yet, he never once made an appearance. Jager was annoying company and, Lavendel was predictably boring. If nothing else, he learned that the only one he could rely on is himself.

@[Heartfire]

Messages In This Thread
    squeeze me, I dare you [Heartfire] - by Juice - 10-02-2018, 11:36 AM
    RE: squeeze me, I dare you [Heartfire] - by Juice - 10-11-2018, 05:05 AM